    on my own ...

    Please help me.

    Rgs
    neubchr, Apr 22, 2004

  2. neubchr

    harryph Guest

    sorry cant help you on that but as still on 290, so how
    was 290 are ther many questions on using comand propt

    harryph, Apr 22, 2004

  3. neubchr

    Garnet Guest

    make sure you are good at ADIZ with DNS and DHCP plus
    WINS, you can take a Microsoft Training kit for this.

    also RRAS with security and certificates, Sybex study
    guide has good discussion on this topic, from my point of
    view.

    plus, should familiar with WS03 setting, there are
    questions like 70-290, you have to drag answeres onto
    correct positions.

    BTW, I have 2 failures on 70-291, just pass it three days
    ago. the above is my experience, but different people
    varius.

    Garnet, Apr 23, 2004
  4. neubchr

    neubchr Guest

    hallo harryph

    I didn´t remeber that that they have questioned so much about the command line, maybe one or to questions going about csvde and ntbacku

    On a slight overview about this certification i could only say that the had proven every chapter as you could see at www.microsoft.com/traincert.
    neubchr, Apr 23, 2004
  5. neubchr

    neubchr Guest

    thx a lot of your usefull tips, i know this will be a difficult challenge and people think different about how to ... but it still helps if someone could give some information about what they really ask and which books are good for skill advancement

    sorry about my late answer garet ...

    thanks for your help and i hope i could also help you if you will need help :)
    neubchr, Apr 23, 2004
  6. neubchr

    Peprgirl Guest

    You should definately use the microsoft press kit for this book it explains everything in full detail and gives you lots of practice and questions. I do not recommend syngress because they do not supply enough practice and over explain things that you do not need and don't explain enough in sections that you do need. I do not recommend exam either the study guide it does not have enough questions and does not go into enough detail in subjects to pass the exam. The exam cram2 series book is a good overview book but you should not read this book alone it does supply an adequate amount of questions. I definately recommend know DHCP, DNS, SUS, Shadow Copies, RRAS, MBSA, IPSec polices, Security Configuration and Analysis and Pervious things covered in the 70-290 exam . You should also know the commands dnscmd, nslookup, ipconfig, dnslnt, gpupdate, secedit and what they do and how to use them. I would recommend reading a second study guide(I would recommend sybex because they have been good in the past for me but I didnt read this book to pass the test). After reading the books I suggested I recommend getting some online questions to throughly test your knowledge. Just Remember you are heavily tested on DHCP, DNS and IP Addressing
    Peprgirl, Apr 24, 2004
  7. neubchr

    neubchr Guest

    Sounds similiar to the Examina of 70-290 no real speciality but deep and exact questions in all themes. I´d bought the Microsoft self paced training bundle package and looking forward to get the Sybex books too, but it looks like a difficult task to complete my knowledge till may 23rd when i will try to get the certification.
    neubchr, Apr 25, 2004
  8. neubchr

    peprgirl Guest

    You should be able to do it in a month. You are right about it being very deep in some parts but that is basically only in tcp/ip settings, dhcp, and dns the rest of the stuff doesnt go as deeply. Make sure to get some online practice question although the study guides give you good background they dont drill in the material like doing practice questions
    peprgirl, Apr 27, 2004