    most tested topic of this exam. Rough idea would be nice. I'm thinking along
    the lines of DNS and maybe some ip converting.

    Thanks

    DP, Nov 7, 2006

  2. DP

    John Guest

    Hey DP,

    I just took my 291 test yesterday and passed it. got a 980. They hit
    me hard with WSUS and DNS. Actually, i wasn't expecting that many
    questions on WSUS and i got about 12! 48 questions total on the exam
    with 5 simulations for me.

    Good luck.

    DJ

    John, Nov 9, 2006

  3. DP

    David Parkes Guest

    Failed it BIG time. I had 16 questions on WSUS!!! I even went back over them
    to count the questions. I wasn't expecting that. Was thinking more along the
    lines of 2 or 3. Had a simulation that didn't work I think. In it one of the
    objectives was to disallow a subnet to access a server on a specific network
    card. It was to be done in RRAS. I tried to use a firewall rule but it
    wouldn't let me open the properties of the firewall up. I can only assume
    that it wanted me to put in some sort of static rout then. Not impressed.
    Did pretty well on DNS but my mind went blank when it came to IP Addresses.
    Sat in the exam with the Subnetting questions and everything went out my
    head. Got out of the exam and went "Oops, Thats how you do it".

    Think next time I need to increase my knowledge of WSUS.

    David Parkes, Nov 13, 2006