70-291 prep. IPSec, WINS?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by STFW, Oct 31, 2007.

  1. STFW

    STFW Guest

    STFW, Oct 31, 2007

  2. STFW

    Shawn Dionne Guest

    Not much Wins But Alot of IPSEC I passed it a monh ago

    Shawn Dionne, Oct 31, 2007

  3. STFW

    redluck Guest

    For some of the sub-objectives, you might have to dig around to find
    where they're at. I know IPSEC was covered fairly extensively in the
    MS Exam Kit.

    redluck, Nov 1, 2007
  4. If it were me, I would definitely take the time to go over some of the
    information on IPSec. WINS is considered a legacy service and is not really
    a focus in the Windows Server 2003 infrastructure, even though it is a
    component in both 2003 and 2008. I would not really put much time there.

    Looking over my exam notes on the subject, I did have some coverage of WINS
    but it was very basic and only a few questions related to it. I did note
    some IPSec coverage and also (relatively speaking) a lot of WSUS coverage,
    relative to how small a piece of the network infrastructure WSUS really is.

    DNS is also in my notes as a REALLY big piece of passing this exam.

    My exam guide on the subject is availible at :
    http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea/archive/2007/09/06/4936.aspx
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, Nov 1, 2007
  5. STFW

    STFW Guest

    Thanks! I see at your blog a link to WSUS 3.0 labs. Will the test likely
    have WSUS 3.0 or 2.0 questions/sims?

    I'd like to take in a week from now, and have the Microsoft Official
    Curriculum 2277C (from a night class I slept through last Spring :( and its
    labs. I am budgeting about 4 hours per night. I just passed 70-290 and would
    rate it Moderately Easy to Moderate on your scale. I have a Prometric
    insurance number I can use, but I don't know if I should save this for 70-293
    or 70-294.

    Much TCP/IP / Subnetting questions? Calculate network IDs, number of
    possible hosts? Spot misconfigurations?

    As far as IIS, ISA, what might I want to read up on?

    STFW, Nov 6, 2007
  6. STFW

    Andrew Guest

    WINS would take you less than 10 minutes to know everything about it. Clients
    register to it, each server can have up to 10,000 clients, and they can do a
    push or a pull transfer to other WINS servers. Push transfer is when the
    transferring server sends the data to the receiving server after so many
    record changes and pull transfer is when the receiving server asks for a
    transfer after a set amount of time. WINS is extremely simple when compared
    to DNS.

    Andrew, Nov 13, 2007