    read on the internet that some say it's one of if not the hardest MCSA exam.
    I know there are a number of simulations in the exam, but unsure how many
    questions.
    DaveS, Jun 22, 2008

  2. "DaveS" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all, first time poster here!
    >
    > I'm taking my 70-291 this coming friday, I've attended the tutor lead
    > course and re-read the course guide (2277C) for revision. When I booked by
    > exam through Prometric I discovered the exam was four hours long, but my
    > question is (pardon the pun!) how many questions are there on the actual
    > exam?

    You need to be careful how you read the exam durations.

    The =total= time for the exam period is four hours. That includes setup,
    reading the exam instructions, taking the "practice" exam, taking the actual
    exam, and the comment period following the actual exam.

    > It will be my first Microsoft exam on the track to my MCSA then MCSE, I've
    > read on the internet that some say it's one of if not the hardest MCSA
    > exam.

    That it is. Wouldn't be my recommended choicde for the first exam to sit on
    the MCSA track, but what's done is done.

    > I know there are a number of simulations in the exam, but unsure how many
    > questions.

    The actual number of questions is not publicly available, but you will be
    given that information at the start of the exam period.

    Rest assured, you have more than sufficient time to complete the exam and
    answer all questions. In fact, I've rarely taken an exam that I didn't have
    sufficient time to completely review every question in the exam a second
    time through.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin, Jun 22, 2008

  3. DaveS

    DaveS Guest

    There is a 'practice' exam and 'actual' exam? this seems rather odd! I'd
    have expected it to be down to business straight away!

    Thanks for the pointers though, getting a little nervous now! four evenings
    to get some last revision in before the exam on friday.

    DaveS, Jun 22, 2008
  4. "DaveS" <> wrote in message
    > There is a 'practice' exam and 'actual' exam? this seems rather odd! I'd
    > have expected it to be down to business straight away!

    The "practice" exam is to make sure you know how to select the right
    answers... it has nothing to do with the subject matter.

    Questions like: What color is the sun?

    With options like:

    a. Green

    b. Blue