    registration? A chapter in the Self Paced Study Guide says Windows 2000, XP
    and 2003. An answer to a question in the same book says Windows 98 as well.
    Windows Server 2003 Help and Support says only XP and 2003?
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=, May 16, 2006

  2. 2000 and up can update there own host a record...For 9x and NT clients you
    can have dhcp update there dns records for clients that.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9kc3Rlcg==?=, May 16, 2006

  3. Thanks Jodster, where did you find that info? Or have you tried it yourself?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=, May 16, 2006
  4. If you go the properties of the DCHP server in the DHCP console there will be
    a DNS tap where you will find the setings..

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9kc3Rlcg==?=, May 16, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

    Wayne Guest

    "Colin" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know which Microsoft OS's support Dynamic DNS client
    > registration? A chapter in the Self Paced Study Guide says Windows 2000,
    > XP
    > and 2003. An answer to a question in the same book says Windows 98 as
    > well.
    > Windows Server 2003 Help and Support says only XP and 2003?

    Colin, we're here to help with concepts and difficult questions, as Jodster
    shows by answering you. If you are serious about studying and achieving
    certification you *must* learn to research a little deeper than you are
    currently. Use Google, work out your search terms and add the
    site:microsft.com to the search;
    "client side dynamic dns update site:microsoft.com" is what I typed into
    Google (minus the quotes).
    Try it, please.
    Then, look through the hits and work out the correct answer. If you find
    conflicting answers online as well as in the Help and the manuals you're
    studying from, post those references here and we'll untangle things for you.
    Bottom line; research, read, refer then post.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    Wayne, May 17, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne" <> say in news:OOZOyaUeGHA.2188
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Bottom line; research, read, refer then post.

    if only....

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - "What's the point of the story?" Aesop exclaimed morally.
    Neil, May 17, 2006