70-291 cannot schedule

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by pennino, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. pennino

    pennino Guest

    Hello,

    I have been trying to schedule the 70-291 exam since last
    week with no luck. At first (last week) I could select it
    but no testing center would be available to attend it. Now
    it's completely gone (together with 70-290) from the list
    of available exams on the prometric site. I understand
    this is a period of transition to the new format, but I
    would have expected someone (at Prometric or Microsoft) to
    give some information about it. I wrote to them last week
    but they didn't even bother to reply.

    Does anybody know when will we be able to schedule these
    exams again ?

    BTW: I'm talking about Italy so I don't know if anywhere
    else they are already available (I read about people
    attending the new 70-290) but please notice that in Italy
    the exams are available only in English, so it's not a
    matter of translation.

    Thanks.
    pennino, Apr 3, 2005

  2. pennino wrote:

    > Does anybody know when will we be able to schedule these
    > exams again ?
    >
    > BTW: I'm talking about Italy so I don't know if anywhere
    > else they are already available (I read about people
    > attending the new 70-290) but please notice that in Italy
    > the exams are available only in English, so it's not a
    > matter of translation.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The delays in rolling out the new format have to do with bumping up the
    hardware on the test machines as far as I can tell. It's a little
    strange that every testing center in the region would be unavailable
    for more than a few days. You could call the testing centers themselves
    and ask them why it's taking so long. In fact, you'd probably get a
    better repsonse from them than from Prometric or Microsloth...
    blastingfonda, Apr 3, 2005

  3. pennino

    pennino Guest

    >The delays in rolling out the new format have to do with

    bumping up the
    >hardware on the test machines as far as I can tell. It's

    a little
    >strange that every testing center in the region would be

    unavailable
    >for more than a few days. You could call the testing

    centers themselves
    >and ask them why it's taking so long. In fact, you'd

    probably get a
    >better repsonse from them than from Prometric or

    Microsloth...

    Thank you for your advice. I will probably call the
    testing centers but the problem is that on the Prometric
    site itself, the exams 70-290 and 70-291 are not available
    anymore regardless of the testing center. I thought it
    could be a problem with my country (Italy) but I have just
    tried selecting USA/California and again, both these exams
    are not on the list and cannot be scheduled.

    Bye,
    pennino, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Please review the FAQ section at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/. The exam might not
    be available at all testing centers in all regions.

    Amy Rusko [MSFT], Apr 4, 2005
  5. pennino

    Guest Guest

    Don't know about Italy but you can still take the 70-290
    and 70-291 thru VUE instead of Prometric in the meantime.
    Also I think the trasition is suppose to be a little over
    a month. After this is complete Prometric tests 290 & 291
    are suppoes to be sims

    Guest, Apr 13, 2005