    per question, a minute amount of time to answer, and
    obscure questions that I have never dwelved into and don't
    think I ever will need use of in a live environment.
    Emil, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Emil

    Plain Guest

    The answer is simple! You took the wrong exam! You
    prepare for Windows 2000 for 1 1/2 years but took the
    Windows 2003 exams(70-290)! New information, new
    software and some environment. You are better off take
    the 70-218 instead of 70-290. Many Windows 2000 MCSE
    still need to pass 70-292 and 70-296 to be certified in
    Windows 2003. So it is not easy!

    Better luck next time!

    what
    >is really frustrating is when you think you've learned
    >everything there is to know, finally, and then the exam
    >asks high-cognitive questions, requiring a ton of

    reading

    Plain , Nov 9, 2003

  3. Have you bothered trying to learn the product?

    Don't You Wish, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Emil

    sean Guest

    you need to learn first hand not by learning from a book
    get your own mini network setup. some of the new win2003
    server books come with an trail copy of the server

    sean, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Emil

    Emil Guest

    Yes, I agree with that wholeheartedly. Yes I have always
    had a peer to peer network, simulating a live
    environment. But I think your answer goes deeper than
    that... the test questions are based on live on-the-job
    questions, such as user errors that aren't typically
    replicated on my personal network. Those are the
    questions I got wrong, and that is why a Jr. Engineer
    position would be suitable (if there was a job out there,
    that is).

    Emil, Nov 11, 2003