    pro. Even though, I don't work enough with these areas to become really
    proficent in them, or on the scale that ms wants you to be.

    Any suggestions in this area are greatly appreciated.
    Ryan, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Ryan

    fygar Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:33:00 -0600, "Ryan" <>
    wrote:

    >Question for everybody who has taken these two tests. Recently I have begun
    >studing for the 290 test. I have used mspress study guide and the admin
    >companion. Whenever I take a practice test most of the questions I miss seem
    >to be related to a.d. or user permissions. I was wondering since 294 deals
    >with a.d. would it be easier to start with 294 and gain some insight as to
    >why I keep missing these questions? Or is it a toss up?
    >
    >I currently don't work in the IT field, but would really like to make career
    >out of it. I have a domain setup at home with 2003 server, xp pro, and 2000
    >pro. Even though, I don't work enough with these areas to become really
    >proficent in them, or on the scale that ms wants you to be.
    >
    >Any suggestions in this area are greatly appreciated.

    If 290 is giving you fits with AD, then 294 is going to toast you. I
    suggest you step away from MCSE biased study material and go find
    Active Directory for Dummies.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764506595/002
    -1266105-1132853?v=glance

    or here ...

    http://tinyurl.com/3f3rv

    ....butch
    fygar, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Ryan

    Microsoft Guest

    I believe 294 is stronger. You better try 290 first.
    If you want to practice for 294 I recomend you to install
    2 server 2003 at home.

    Microsoft, Jun 30, 2004