70-290 Syngress Practice Question

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Kevin, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
    Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management group.
    The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the MktgMgmt
    folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
    folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?

    A. None.

    B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify

    C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents

    D. Write, Modify

    -----

    My answer: D
    My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
    List Files.

    Book's Answer: B
    Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson on
    the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.

    What am I missing?

    Kevin, Jun 17, 2004

  2. If you remove Read, you are left with List Folder Contents and Write
    permissions. All the rest goes away. I would say they are incorrect and you
    are mostly correct.

    Kurt Hudson [MVP DS], Jun 17, 2004

  3. Kevin

    Guest Guest

    ya both wrong and well ya missing a........ (place abuse
    here)

    ----

    ------------------

    Guest, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Kevin

    Robert W. Guest

    On 2004-06-17, Kevin <> wrote:
    > From the Syngress Web Site's practice test:
    > Jane is a member of the Marketing group and the Marketing Management group.
    > The Marketing Management group has Full Control permissions on the MktgMgmt
    > folder, and the Everyone group has the Deny Read permission set on the
    > folder. What are Jane's effective permissions on the folder?
    >

    > A. None.
    >

    > B. Write, List Folder Contents, Read & Execute, Modify
    >

    > C. Read, Write, List Folder Contents
    >

    > D. Write, Modify

    > -----
    >
    > My answer: D
    > My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly can't Read&Execute or
    > List Files.
    >
    > Book's Answer: B
    > Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied Read permisson on
    > the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the folder.
    >
    > What am I missing?

    Hi,
    I check this and answer B is correct.
    The user have only Deny Read Permission not Read files and other.
    More. This user can't read permission but can add new permission for users.
    Regards

    RW

    Robert W., Jun 17, 2004
  5. Kevin

    billyw Guest

    could you please choose another name..
    Kevin is a really bad name

    billyw, Jun 17, 2004

  6. >-----Original Message-----
    >could you please choose another name..
    >Kevin is a really bad name

    Sounds like some resentment there... billyw.. Ex-lover's
    name?

    Keyboard Cowboy, Jun 17, 2004
  7. Kevin

    billyw Guest

    nope..
    kevin isn't a girl's name... well not here..
    hmm.. you saying you've had a "lover" called kevin...
    too much info.. please stop

    anyway kevin is a stupid name.. like brian

    "Keyboard Cowboy" <> wrote in
    message news:1d89f01c45480$5cf90ff0$...

    billyw, Jun 17, 2004

  8. >hmm.. you saying you've had a "lover" called kevin...
    >too much info.. please stop

    nice try...

    ***C'MON!!! STRAIN A BIT!!!****

    Keyboard Cowboy, Jun 17, 2004
  9. Kevin

    billyw Guest

    do you say that to "kevins" as well??

    ">

    billyw, Jun 17, 2004
  10. Kevin

    Guest

    ------------------
    >-----
    >
    >My answer: D
    >My Logic: If you've been denied Read, you certainly

    can't Read&Execute or
    >List Files.
    >
    >Book's Answer: B
    >Book's Logic: Because the Marketing group has been denied

    Read permisson on
    >the folder, Jane has all permissions except Read in the

    folder.

    >What am I missing?
    >

    >.

    , Jun 19, 2004
  11. Kevin

    poco Guest

    The correct answer and the ability to understand it.

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:1e56201c455af$78bac3c0$...

    poco, Jun 19, 2004