    --
    FunEMT
    A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

    FunEMT, Jun 20, 2008

  2. "FunEMT" <> wrote in message
    news:D:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
    > than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
    > on the Microsoft site.
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help.
    > --
    > FunEMT
    > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

    Exam details such as this are not published by Microsoft. Any
    information given to you concerning your question is speculation.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    3:21 PM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jun 20, 2008

  3. FunEMT

    FunEMT Guest

    ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
    time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
    questions.
    --
    FunEMT
    A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

    FunEMT, Jun 21, 2008
  4. "FunEMT" <> wrote in message

    > ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
    > time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
    > questions.
    > --
    > FunEMT
    > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST
    >

    > "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
    >

    > > "FunEMT" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > > Hi all,
    > > > Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
    > > > than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
    > > > on the Microsoft site.
    > > >
    > > > Thanx in advance for your help.
    > > > --
    > > > FunEMT
    > > > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

    > > Exam details such as this are not published by Microsoft. Any
    > > information given to you concerning your question is speculation.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    > > The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    > > 3:21 PM

    > Checked by AVG.

    Every question is important. Know your objectives, treat every question
    equal, and you'll do just fine.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    11:52 AM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jun 21, 2008
  5. "FunEMT" <> wrote in message
    > ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
    > time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
    > questions.

    Well, consider this logic...

    If you feel that the simulations might have caused your low scores,
    then studying that which you don't feel comfortable that you answered
    correctly...

    makes the *most* sense in terms of the most likely way to increase your
    score with the minimal amount of effort.

    Consider what value would be in studyings things you know you answered
    correctly!

    And, having said that, let me recall something else I posted a few days
    ago...

    If you're not comfortable with simulations, then you're probably
    significantly lacking in the "job experience" part of the concept of
    certifications, and you absolutely *should* invest more time in practical
    experience -- whether in training labs and simulations, or actual on-the-job
    experience.

    My personal opinion: For somebody with the requisite job experience for
    certification exams...
    simulations should be the LEAST intimidating factor of the exam.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jun 21, 2008
  6. "Lawrence Garvin" <> wrote in message

    > "FunEMT" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > ok, Thanx for the info Michael. I was just curious if I should spend mone
    > > time on them or just consider them no more important than the other
    > > questions.

    > Well, consider this logic...
    >
    > If you feel that the simulations might have caused your low scores,
    > then studying that which you don't feel comfortable that you answered
    > correctly...
    >
    > makes the *most* sense in terms of the most likely way to increase your
    > score with the minimal amount of effort.
    >
    > Consider what value would be in studyings things you know you answered
    > correctly!
    >
    > And, having said that, let me recall something else I posted a few days
    > ago...
    >
    > If you're not comfortable with simulations, then you're probably
    > significantly lacking in the "job experience" part of the concept of
    > certifications, and you absolutely *should* invest more time in practical
    > experience -- whether in training labs and simulations, or actual on-the-job
    > experience.
    >
    > My personal opinion: For somebody with the requisite job experience for
    > certification exams...
    > simulations should be the LEAST intimidating factor of the exam.

    > Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas

    > http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Nicely put.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    6/21/2008 9:27 AM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jun 22, 2008
  7. "FunEMT" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know if the simulations on the 70-290 exam are weighted more
    > than the other questions? I have tried to find out, but can't find anything
    > on the Microsoft site.
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help.

    --
    > FunEMT
    > A+, NET +, MCP, MCDST

    FunEMT, you have probably already taken the exam, but for others who will
    take the ‘revised’ exam in the future, I would give the following advice
    based on my personal experience (without revealing details of the test as
    agreed to and accepted in the pre-test requirements,…):
     Get Virtual Lab setups to study with at home if you do not already have
    them.
     Go over the ‘simple’ things like setting up Share and NTFS permissions and
    resolving issues with them.
     Do this for every scenario you can imagine
     Set up User Accounts and experiment with every User Account setting you
    can find
     Find somebody that works with Server 2003 and see if you can get some peer
    support and advice about situations they encounter in their job roles
    On my exam I easily had 8-9 simulations, some of which were the equivalent
    of 2 or 3 questions in one.
    I am sure that for experienced administrators these would be a cakewalk.
    But, since I am an entry level novice administrator like many others who will
    take this exam, my experience is limited and made the simulations a bit
    harder.

    Best of luck to all.

    SynthsayerWWX

    MCTS