70-290 Question

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Kevin, May 28, 2004.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    From the Syngress Book:

    Your server is experiencing "Out of Disk Space" errors. Your investigation
    has concluded that purging of the logs was not configured. The option "Do
    not delete events" was selected. What can you do to force purging of the
    event logs on Windows Server 2003 machine?

    A. You cannot purge events on log files.
    B. Unselect the option "Overwrite events as needed"
    C. Select the option "Overwrite events older than 20 days old"
    D. Click the "Clear log" button.

    Ok.... I picked answer D, because when you do that, it completely clears the
    log.

    The book says the correct answer is C, arguing that you delete (as opposed
    to purging) the event log when you hit the "Clear log" button.

    Is are the tests _really_ that picky when it comes to my understanding of
    the word "clear" vs. "purge"?

    (I also think the Syngress book has a lot to be desired. That's my
    first--and last--book from them.)

    Kevin, May 28, 2004

  2. Kevin

    harryph Guest

    yeah they will be that picky on the exam as well maybe
    worse, i used mspress first and now on to syngress and
    think syngress is a lot better. i said the same about the
    ms-press 290 book when i finished it

    harryph, May 28, 2004

  3. Kevin

    Seth Guest

    dude, if you clear log, this is only a tempory solution, you will get this
    error again down the track thus why "C" is correct, (The error message will
    not come back). That is the answer the exam question is really looking for.
    Not the difference between purging and clearing. Not so much being picky but
    relative to real life operation.

    Hope this helps you understand the exam(s) better.

    Seth, May 28, 2004
  4. Kevin

    Nataraj Guest

    hello dear kevin i am a student of MCSE , as i have taken
    exam for MCSE i would wish to have some guideable tips
    from .
    pls kind mail somt tips(short notes about the exam)

    with many thanks
    Nataraj

    Nataraj, May 30, 2004
  5. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    I took the test Friday and came up one question short of the 700 passing
    score. Uggh. That's ok... I'll knock it next time.

    As for tips about the exam....

    Study, study, study. Make sure you know, understand, and can perform all of
    the things outlined on the 70-290 objectives sheet. It won't be enough to
    simply do a brain dump. My test wasn't even close. You had to know how to DO
    things. You have to THINK about the concept the question is trying to test.

    Make sure you've either performed those configurations in real-life, or done
    them on a test/lab environment of some kind.

    Good luck!

    -K-

    Kevin, Jun 1, 2004