    Would like to know my percentage.--

    Thanks in advance
    Robert

    Robert, May 26, 2009

  2. Robert

    PAJ Guest

    On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:04:47 -0400, "Robert"
    <> wrote:

    >Just wrote the 70-290
    >I passed.
    >
    >Even though the system crashed on me, I still passed.
    >
    >Question:
    >How to tell the Percentage. 80, 85 etc.
    >What is the exam total 700/900 700/1000?
    >
    >Anyone know?
    >Would like to know my percentage.--

    1. Divide score by 1000 (e.g. 800/1000)
    2. Multiply above result by 100.
    3. Subtract 10
    4. Divide by 5
    5. Add to Bills age
    6. Multiply by your own age
    7. Divide by 100

    PAJ, May 26, 2009

  3. Robert

    John R Guest

    "Robert" <> wrote in message
    > Just wrote the 70-290
    > I passed.
    >
    > Even though the system crashed on me, I still passed.
    >
    > Question:
    > How to tell the Percentage. 80, 85 etc.
    > What is the exam total 700/900 700/1000?
    >
    > Anyone know?
    > Would like to know my percentage.--

    The scoring procedures are not published. All we really know is that each
    test (or portions of a test) are scored separately. After that, some series
    of conversions are performed to convert the score to Microsoft's standard
    scale where 700 or better is pass, anything less is fail. An 850 on one
    test does not necessarily mean that you did better than a 720 on another
    test.

    Most people believe the max you can score is 1000, and that a score of 820
    would represent 82%. That theory has never been proven and will not be
    confirmed or denied by Microsoft. Further, we do not know the
    qualifications for scoring, for example if partial credit is awarded on
    questions with multiple answers (ie, put these steps in the right order),
    etc. I have heard several people claim to have scored over 1000, but nobody
    has ever put up proof. Personally, the best I ever scored on a test was in
    the very high 900's, and I felt that I didn't do well on that test until I
    hit the finish button. On another test, I thought for sure I nailed
    everything and I scored a 740. However, the reverse of both of those
    scenarios is also true.

    The only thing that matters is the Pass.

    Congrats BTW.

    John R

    John R, May 26, 2009