    use Terminal Services in my job, so this is my weak spot. I am also
    uncertain what the difference is between the two types of managing a
    server remotely. Thanks in advance for all your help.

    ari, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Remote assistance allows you to view another person's session, and "take
    over" their mouse and keyboard. This would seem to be rare on a server.

    Remote administration gives you your own session on the server.

    Try http://www.microsoft.com/terminalserver
    http://www.microsoft.com/services/remoteassistance/ra.asp
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/398b5eda-aa7f-4078-94c5-1519b697bfa01033.mspx

    Rob