    me...

    Thanks in advance
    Hervé -

    Schmurfle, Aug 17, 2006

  2. "Schmurfle" <> wrote in message
    news:44e4f2f5$0$1034$...
    > Hi,
    >

    > I don't understand the differences between global, domain local and
    > universal groups.
    >
    > I know there's an explanation in 70-290 MS press book but it's not
    > useful when I train to exams. Too theoric
    >
    > If you know an url with pedagogic informations about this concept, tell
    > me...
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    > Hervé -

    One way to think about it that may help is to think about an office park
    with a number of businesses in it. A universal group would be like an ID
    that allows access to the park; all of the people from all of the companies
    would have access. A global group would be a way to organize people inside
    of one of the companies in some way, for instance organizing all of the
    engineers in one group, the developers in another, the managers in another,
    the IT staff in another, and the secretaries in another. That will provide
    an easy way to manage all of those people that have like needs. The domain
    local group is used to provide access to resources. Continuing the example
    above, the domain local group would be used to give the IT staff access to
    the server room, the secretaries access to the office supplies, and the
    managers access to the information in HR.

    HTH,

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Aug 18, 2006

  3. Schmurfle

    Schmurfle Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks. Good explanation.
    Do you have a similar comparaison for local groups ?

    Hervé -

    Schmurfle, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Schmurfle

    gomonn Guest

    Try this one, was like you, could not get it, really helped me
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/70290/man_groups.shtml

    gomonn, Aug 25, 2006