    I'm mostly appealing this quesion to people who have failed twice and
    passed the third time. Does anyone who tried twice and passed the third time
    recommend any questions or reading material?

    NeilM, May 31, 2005

  2. Neil,

    I suggest not using braindumps. They let you down after you've studied hard
    and make sure that you can't do anything proper in the real-world. Just
    study the books you've got and read lots of articles from MSDN. I am sure
    these will help. I recommend the books by QUE (their study guides are
    excellent; I'm reading one for exam 70-316 -- MCAD exam -- at the moment).
    Often, braindumps are wrong and they don't provide useful information anyway
    as they are very rarely updated and they have absolutely no good references
    to back up the practise exams. Keep away from braindumps the best you can;
    they are also illegal. I suggest to continue reading all of your books and
    if you need a refresher read the Microsoft Press books again. I believe that
    Microsoft Press books are best for learning the material but they don't put
    all of the focus on the exam. QUE Certification books are excellent to pass
    the exam; I'm not sure about the ExamCram books because I haven't read any
    of them myself. Fit in time for lots of practise towards your goal; perhaps
    have a schedule for study time and read books/articles in that time and
    prepare some of your own time to do practise exams; possibly every week or
    so but schedule the time to read the books for more frequently than that. I
    am not sure about which book is the best for an overview of the material,
    however I hear ExamCram books are good for that. Only use legitimate
    materials for your exams and don't use braindumps. Keep building up your
    level of experience in the OS of your choice; play around with it every day
    and go through every exercise in your books. I like to use PrepLogic
    practise exams for testing as they provide a good overview of information
    for studying; you get a free trial edition of PrepLogic with QUE
    Certification guides. Books by QUE Certification are very good as I have
    said already for the excellent coverage of the material; they go into detail
    about every little part for the exams and I'm sure it will help you pass.
    Microsoft Press books help you learn the material; QUE Certification books
    prepare you for the exam. Although the questions in your books may be
    completely different from the actual test, they still give an outline over
    the material to test you. If the questions were exactly the same in the
    books as the actual exams, if you passed you would be saying you had the
    certification immediately and everyone would cheat by buying the books; that
    doesn't work. The practise exams are meant to give an overview of the
    material so you can find your weakest points and continue revision on those
    topics. I suggset going through the materials I've pointed out to you and
    avoiding braindumps. I guarantee that following these steps will help
    towards certification! Hope this helps...

    Best of luck,
    Davin Eastley

    -----------
    www.davineastley.tk
    Forums Home

    Davin Eastley, May 31, 2005

  3. NeilM

    NeilM Guest

    Davin, i'm confused because the ExamCram2 book that I am also using is
    written by Que publishing. It took came with a sample of the prep-logic
    questions. I find this book to be very simplified. Are we talking about the
    same book? also, did you pass the 70-290 yourself and if so, how many times
    did it take?

    NeilM, May 31, 2005
  4. Neil,

    What I meant to say was their study guides (note that it isn't the examcram
    books). I will refer to the ones I'm talking about as QUE Study Guides.
    These books (the que study guides) go into much more detail than the
    examcram books. Infact, I'm training for the MCAD Certification as I'm a
    developer and not a systems administrator however I may later consider going
    through this route straight up to the MCSE certification as I want to prove
    my knowledge in networking and study a lot of materials for this. The study
    guides from QUE have a lot of information in them and are well written by
    certified professionals.
    Here is the link for a copy of the book for exam 70-290 from QUE:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-4582072-6133405?v=glance&s=books&n=507846. I
    am sure this will be helpful. I guarantee you that it will be worth getting
    as I have 2 books from QUE that are Study Guides for the MCAD Certification.
    I hope this helps.

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    ---------