70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer anywher

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. Ladies/Gents,

    I have just applied to do exam 70-290 and on the confirmation email it
    states that the appointment duration is 4 hours! Can someone please tell me
    the exam layout, is it fixed length or adaptive?

    Thanks,
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 17, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. "Susan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ladies/Gents,
    >
    > I have just applied to do exam 70-290 and on the confirmation email it
    > states that the appointment duration is 4 hours! Can someone please tell
    > me
    > the exam layout, is it fixed length or adaptive?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    I haven't taken the exam, but I'm almost positive that Microsoft doesn't
    have any adaptive exams.

    I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.


    --
    Robert Williams [CertGuard]
    www.CertGuard.com

    NOTICE: Opinions expressed within this post are provided "AS IS" and may not
    represent the views of any company mentioned. The content provided is for
    informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or
    representation by CertGuard.
    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Sep 17, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    Thanks Robert.



    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" wrote:

    > "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Ladies/Gents,
    > >
    > > I have just applied to do exam 70-290 and on the confirmation email it
    > > states that the appointment duration is 4 hours! Can someone please tell
    > > me
    > > the exam layout, is it fixed length or adaptive?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >

    > I haven't taken the exam, but I'm almost positive that Microsoft doesn't
    > have any adaptive exams.
    >
    > I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Robert Williams [CertGuard]
    > www.CertGuard.com
    >
    > NOTICE: Opinions expressed within this post are provided "AS IS" and may not
    > represent the views of any company mentioned. The content provided is for
    > informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or
    > representation by CertGuard.
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 17, 2007
    #3
  4. That is true, however they do no longer say they don't. Most of the MS exams
    do however use Simulation based testing which is why you have such a long
    time limit.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.mspx

    They used to state no Computer Adaptive testing, but now offer a CAT Demo.
    So who knows if this will change in the near future.

    Simulation Demo
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/iis4_demo.exe
    CAT Demo
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/Mscat.exe
    Case Study Demo
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=7F5C81AE-168D-4592-99BC-E43D2882DFD3
    Standard Demo
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/snpdemo.exe

    --
    ..rev

    "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    news:eW%23BIYS%...
    > "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Ladies/Gents,
    >>
    >> I have just applied to do exam 70-290 and on the confirmation email it
    >> states that the appointment duration is 4 hours! Can someone please tell
    >> me
    >> the exam layout, is it fixed length or adaptive?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    > I haven't taken the exam, but I'm almost positive that Microsoft doesn't
    > have any adaptive exams.
    >
    > I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Robert Williams [CertGuard]
    > www.CertGuard.com
    >
    > NOTICE: Opinions expressed within this post are provided "AS IS" and may
    > not represent the views of any company mentioned. The content provided is
    > for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or
    > representation by CertGuard.
    The Rev [MCT], Sep 17, 2007
    #4
  5. Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    This is going to be a nightmare........thanks for all the links !

    "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

    > That is true, however they do no longer say they don't. Most of the MS exams
    > do however use Simulation based testing which is why you have such a long
    > time limit.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.mspx
    >
    > They used to state no Computer Adaptive testing, but now offer a CAT Demo.
    > So who knows if this will change in the near future.
    >
    > Simulation Demo
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/iis4_demo.exe
    > CAT Demo
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/Mscat.exe
    > Case Study Demo
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=7F5C81AE-168D-4592-99BC-E43D2882DFD3
    > Standard Demo
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000srv/demo/1/WIN98MeXP/EN-US/snpdemo.exe
    >
    > --
    > ..rev
    >
    > "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    > accepting it"
    > ~Aristotle
    >
    > Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    > Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359
    >
    > Register on-line @ vue.com
    > ..
    > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    > news:eW%23BIYS%...
    > > "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >> Ladies/Gents,
    > >>
    > >> I have just applied to do exam 70-290 and on the confirmation email it
    > >> states that the appointment duration is 4 hours! Can someone please tell
    > >> me
    > >> the exam layout, is it fixed length or adaptive?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>

    > > I haven't taken the exam, but I'm almost positive that Microsoft doesn't
    > > have any adaptive exams.
    > >
    > > I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Robert Williams [CertGuard]
    > > www.CertGuard.com
    > >
    > > NOTICE: Opinions expressed within this post are provided "AS IS" and may
    > > not represent the views of any company mentioned. The content provided is
    > > for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or
    > > representation by CertGuard.

    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 17, 2007
    #5
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    "Susan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This is going to be a nightmare........thanks for all the links !


    Sorry I'm late!

    Hi, Susan! R U Hawt?
    Frisbee®, Sep 17, 2007
    #6
  7. Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    and that is........?

    "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > This is going to be a nightmare........thanks for all the links !

    >
    > Sorry I'm late!
    >
    > Hi, Susan! R U Hawt?
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 17, 2007
    #7
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    > and that is........?

    He was asking if you are attractive or not. It seems rather a silly
    question considering that everyone on the Internet is attractive (or say
    they are) and also when you consider that one's beauty is largly based on
    the person looking at you.

    I personally would ignore him if I were you if only for the fact that his
    name is based on a plastic flying disc.


    Hope this helps!
    Jtyc, Sep 17, 2007
    #8
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    news:unpSWRV%...
    >> and that is........?

    >
    > He was asking if you are attractive or not. It seems rather a silly
    > question considering that everyone on the Internet is attractive (or say
    > they are) and also when you consider that one's beauty is largly based on
    > the person looking at you.
    >
    > I personally would ignore him if I were you if only for the fact that his
    > name is based on a plastic flying disc.
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps!


    Hi, Jtyc!

    R U Hawt?
    Frisbee®, Sep 17, 2007
    #9
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    PAJ Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:57:20 -0700, "Jtyc" <>
    wrote:

    >> and that is........?

    >
    >He was asking if you are attractive or not. It seems rather a silly
    >question considering that everyone on the Internet is attractive (or say
    >they are


    Not me. I'm a right ugly mingin' b'stard....
    Except for when I'm rat ar5ed. Then I'm gods gift.
    PAJ, Sep 17, 2007
    #10
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    > Hi, Jtyc!
    >
    > R U Hawt?


    Are you kidding? I'm dead sexy.
    Jtyc, Sep 17, 2007
    #11
  12. Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    Thank you for clearing that up Jtyc !

    I'm going to pass on that one if you don't mind and ask if any of you have
    sat this exam recently and can tell me about it? I'm studying from home as I
    finished up my contract so I don't have access to servers to practice on and
    my laptop is only XP home edition so I can't install Virtual Server software
    without upgrading to XP professional. I'm going to fail aren't I !!

    "Jtyc" wrote:

    > > and that is........?

    >
    > He was asking if you are attractive or not. It seems rather a silly
    > question considering that everyone on the Internet is attractive (or say
    > they are) and also when you consider that one's beauty is largly based on
    > the person looking at you.
    >
    > I personally would ignore him if I were you if only for the fact that his
    > name is based on a plastic flying disc.
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=, Sep 18, 2007
    #12
  13. Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    > > Hi, Jtyc!
    > >
    > > R U Hawt?

    >
    > Are you kidding? I'm dead sexy.
    >


    Are you completely dead?
    =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 18, 2007
    #13
  14. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: 70-290 - bit of a silly question but can't find the answer any

    > Are you completely dead?

    I'm not dead, I feel like going for a walk.
    Jtyc, Sep 18, 2007
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Chris Blunt
    Replies:
    45
    Views:
    1,395
  2. Brian
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    373
    mark_digital
    Apr 2, 2004
  3. Writer1194

    Perhaps a silly question, but...

    Writer1194, Nov 14, 2003, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    617
    Night_Seer
    Nov 17, 2003
  4. Pete

    Silly question...maybe but

    Pete, May 11, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    489
    Randy Berbaum
    May 15, 2005
  5. Nick

    this might be a silly question but

    Nick, Aug 19, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    459
    Divine
    Aug 21, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page