    By studying a lot for 292 (besides not passing), would one be prepared for
    290 & 291?

    Thanks in advance.
    fmsmcse, Aug 9, 2005

  2. fmsmcse

    Marraboy Guest

    I cant speak for 070-292 but I can say that 290 and 291 have quite a
    few simulation questions in them.

    070-291 I felt that you really needed to know DNS and DHCP,
    particularly how to configure them (DNS being the hardest).Its helpful
    to know a little about subnetting, not as much as Cisco tests you
    though.

    >From what I remember 070-290 asks alot of questions about Shares and

    NTFS security, Disk managment (things like partitions, RAID and file
    systems).

    I found them quite challenging but finished them both with about an
    hour to spare (I was given 3 hours!!! I think they changed this to
    accomodate for the simulations). The XP exam was far easier than these
    two.

    I would also advise most people not to be intimidated by the
    simulations, if you read the instructions carefully they are quite
    easy.

    Good Luck, John T.
    Marraboy, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Thanks for the response dude.
    Passed today with 850.

    The simulations I think about it the same as you do.

    Siqueira, Felipe, Aug 16, 2005
  4. fmsmcse

    Marraboy Guest

    850 is a good score. Well done man!