    So it should be SOLD as this and NOT a SBS Exam.

    As Gold Partners we need a SBS Exam, that is part of the MSCE Exam set.

    In Exchange you do not get Biztalk or SQL qtn??????

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFByZW5kZXJnYXN0?=, May 27, 2006

  2. Hi Jim,

    As SQL Server and Exchange Server are part of SBS I daresay the material is
    quite relevant to the exam and to the real world. What you are saying is
    akin to taking a test on the history of Great Britain but thank you please
    exclude London, Kent, and Southhampton.
    --
    MDG, MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNTQQ==?=, May 29, 2006

  3. Hi Jim,

    Please contact me off the newsgroups. I may have something interesting for
    you. My e-mail address is mitch at mitchgarvis dot com.

    Thanks!

    Mitch
    --
    MDG, MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNTQQ==?=, May 30, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFByZW5kZXJnYXN0?=
    <> wrote in

    > Why change the 70-282 Exam away from being a SBS Exam??
    >
    > What exam now has anything to do with SBS????
    >
    > The 70-282 is now a mini MCSE and therefore require all the knowledge
    > from the whole MCSE, inculding SQL and EXCHANGE.
    >
    > So it should be SOLD as this and NOT a SBS Exam.
    >
    > As Gold Partners we need a SBS Exam, that is part of the MSCE Exam
    > set.
    >
    > In Exchange you do not get Biztalk or SQL qtn??????

    If you took the time to read the exam title, you would have known the
    answer to this question. 70-282 has NEVER been a exam on the Small
    Business Server. It's title is "Designing, Deploying, and Managing a
    Network Solution for a Small- and Medium-Sized Business", which includes
    the scenarios where SBS is too big, as well as the scenarios where SBS
    cannot be used because of too many users.

    Furhtermore, if you're working with these customers, wou will typically
    run into both Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint Services and ISA Server,
    all of which exist in one or more editions of the Small Business Server,
    the product you expected questions from. BizTalk server is aimed at
    different market, and I would not expect you to run into it.

    In my opinion, if you're not capable of passing 70-282, you should not
    work with implementing solutions for the small- and medium-sized
    businesses. The exam is extremely simple for those who has some
    experience.

    --
    Ole Kristian Bangås
    MCT, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSE:Security, MCSE:Messaging, MCTS, MCITP

    Ole Kristian Bangås, Jun 2, 2006
  5. I don't disagree that the OLD 55 question test might have been pretty easy
    for techs with client/server experience. The NEW 41 question test is not
    easy. In this thread there are folks with 11 and 8 years of experience that
    failed it. I know of another with 13 years. You are thinking old test when
    you ridicule knowledgeable people for failing. Don't be so smug; these tests
    are night and day different.

    My 2cents.
    --
    Carroll Morgan
    Buckhead On-site Computer Service

    Carroll Morgan, Jun 3, 2006
  6. I do not think we should be ridiculing anyone who fails any exam. These
    exams are not designed to trick you, they are however designed to test for
    real-world knowledge. If you are unable to pass the exam it does not mean
    that you should not work in the environment, it means that you should learn
    from your failure, study a little more concentrating on the areas that you
    were weak in, and retake the exam.

    If certification exams were easy then our certifications would be
    meaningless. When I pass an exam I walk out feeling like I have accomplished
    something. The only exception to that was the original 70-282, which I
    walked out of feeling like I had wasted my time because it was too easy. The
    new 70-282 is harder to prevent that. It is also harder to restore the
    integrity of the MCP and SBSC programs.

    MDG, MCSA

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNTQQ==?=, Jun 3, 2006