    Has anyone attempted this test ( 70-272) yet? If so what was the difficulty
    level? What prep materials did you use?

    Vcon
    Vince Connick, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Vince Connick

    mfanclub Guest

    Has anyone used the MCDST Self-Paced training kit for exam 70-272? If so what is your experience with its usefulness?

    Thanks!

    mfanclub, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Vince Connick

    SJ Guest

    I've completed both tests. While I used the 2262 Microsoft Official
    Curriculum Material to study, I found that a lot of the 272 questions
    were related to what I could learn from online help resources. The
    questions weren't that difficult if you have experience with the
    products.

    For example, use and learn Internet Explorer. Go into Tools ->
    Internet Options and learn what all the buttons and tab are for. Ask
    yourself questions and access the help for answers.

    Use and learn Outlook Express. Set it up and access newsgroups,
    access regular email. Break it. Fix it. Ask yourself questions and
    access the help for answers.

    Use and learn XP. Dig into Control Panel. Ask yourself questions and
    access help and support for answers.

    I became disillusioned with Microsft Press books a long time ago. I
    found that they rarely cover the material at the depth of the test
    questions. I haven't looked at Microsoft Press books for MCDST
    though.

    Right now, the only book out there that I've looked at closely is the
    Exam Cram for 272. This is a good book to supplement your study, but
    not a sole source. Actually that's the purpose of the Exam Cram books
    - not to teach you from scratch, but to help you identify your weak
    areas.

    Many people recommend using some type of practice test engine. I
    agree - not a sole source, but as a method of identifying your weak
    areas. But, if you use these to memorize questions and answers, they
    will fail you. Instead, it's best to use them to test your knowledge.
    Good practice tests have good references that you can follow. Use
    the references to look up what you don't understand.

    HTH

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Jul 17, 2004