70-272 Practice

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jeff in ABQ, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Jeff in ABQ

Jeff in ABQ Guest

I joined this newsgroup as a practice for the 70-272 exam. It got a lot easier setting things up in Outlook Express once I remembered to open port 119 on my firewall. And contrary to the things I was reading in the Knowledge Base, the msnews.microsoft.com server does NOT require me to "log on". Clearing that checkbox finally did the trick.

I used the Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit and Exam Cram 2 to pass the 70-271 exam last week. I wholeheartedly agree that two study texts are required. And taking all the practice exams you can lay your hands on are helpful too....especially since some of the questions appeared on the actual test.

Now if I could just get the folks at Microsoft to fix my logon to the MCP site, I'd be happy. Isn't one of the first things you learn about being an MCDST is how to ELEVATE problems to the proper level? I'm stuck dealing with Tier 1 people in India when I need an administrator to open up the database and unlog my Passport from the MCP server. I can't sign in because the server didn't sign me out before Microsoft sent me a new Access Code.

Jeff
    MCP, A+, Network+
    Jeff in ABQ, Feb 8, 2007
    1. Advertising