    and passed this exam, should I be able to ace the 300
    question practice exam as well prior to taking the exam?
    Thanks for any input you can offer.

    feral geek, Aug 2, 2004

  2. feral geek

    Bobby Guest

    Hi feral geek,

    The practice test is there to gauge your understanding on the subject matters and how well you apply your understanding to the troubleshooting scenario presented in it. It sums up all the topics covered when gauging your overall understandings. If you can't ace the practice test chances are you might not make it in the actual exam.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Aug 2, 2004

  3. I am not familiar with that particular set of practice exams, however if
    there are topics that are applicable to the certification exam, then yes you
    should have a good understanding of them.

    If you have questions on a specific topic or technology feel free to post
    the question here and I will see what I can do to help. I am a Microsoft
    Certified Trainer and teach the MCDST classes extensively.

    I would also recommend looking at the Exam Prep sheet at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp That lists all of the
    topics that could be covered, if the questions you are stumbling over are
    topics that are listed there, you should definitely spend some time prepping
    them.....

    Hope this helps,

    Shawn P Bolan, Aug 2, 2004
  4. feral geek

    Merlin Guest

    If you could ace all 300+ questions it would be great. I
    used the same kit and as long as you can maintain over 80
    percent good answers you'll be fine. Use Study Mode more
    than the others.

    Merlin, Aug 10, 2004
  5. feral geek

    Feral Geek Guest

    Thanks for your input Merlin. I am using the study mode and
    now that I am familar with the material I am doing better.
    I have my A+ and Network+ certs so the hardware and
    networking I am OK with. It's all the Outlook Express/IE
    and Outlook/Office Apps and knowing every menu that I was
    not as familiar with. Once again, thanks for your input.
    Did you take/pass the exam?
    Feral Geek

    Feral Geek, Aug 12, 2004