    riddance!) with the second book - aside from the revamped format.

    Thanks

    Gis
    Gis Bun, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Gis Bun

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?R2lzIEJ1bg==?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone knows if the 2nd edition of 70-272 is required for the exam or
    > is 70-272 1st edition (with good SP2 knowledge) is sufficient?
    >
    > I called MS Press and they told me to speak to MS Cert. MS Cert told
    > me to speak to MS Press. :)
    >
    > The MCDST pages still point to the first book for 70-272 as the
    > (primary) reference. I'd settle for the PDF book as I'm not really
    > willing to shell out $60 for another book which repeats itself alot.
    > It's not like the first & second editions of 70-270 which basically
    > tossed out the NetWare client (good riddance!) with the second book -
    > aside from the revamped format.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gis

    Go find a book that has Microsoft XP SP2 in it. Anything else would be
    doing yourself a detriment for any exam.
    Lasher, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Gis Bun

    Hairball56 Guest

    I used the 2nd edition as well, you really want to go in better prepared with
    the most current info out there.
    --
    ~~MCP~~MCDST~~Working on MCSE~~

    Hairball56, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Gis Bun

    Steve W. Guest

    I haven't taken the MCDST yet, but I took the A+ and Network+ comptia tests.
    Studied with outdated materials and it hurt my score. I didn't have a
    problem at all but probably 25% of the questions were not covered as they
    were added in later service packs. Not to mention the books mentioned XP as
    "some users may already be using windows XP so be familiar with it" or the
    overly abundant information regarding outdated networking technologies which
    were not on the test.

    I'm hoping to coast right through the MCDST.. but I'm going to read through
    the books a couple of times anyway...

    Steve W., Jul 25, 2006