  1. dave d.

    dave d. Guest

    does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered on the 70-271?

    dave d., Jan 8, 2008

  2. "dave d." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered on the 70-271?

    I doubt that WSUS is covered on the 70-271, but I'd certainly expect the
    functionality of the Windows Update Agent, and AU/WU/MU to be testable
    somewhere on the MCDST.

    Checking the appropriate website
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.mspx):
    I see nothing in the "Skills Being Measured" that appears to suggest any
    update functionality as a testable objective on this exam.

    Checking the other MCDST exam
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.mspx):

    Here it is:

    Configuring Application Security
    Identify and troubleshoot problems related to security permissions.
    • Answer end-user questions related to application security
    settings.
    • Troubleshoot access to local resources.
    • Troubleshoot access to network resources.
    • Troubleshoot insufficient user permissions and rights.
    Identify and respond to security incidents.
    • Answer end-user questions related to security incidents.
    • Identify a virus attack.
    • Apply critical updates.

    "Apply critical updates" will require an understanding of how to use
    Automatic Updates, Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and how to interact
    with the Windows Update Agent and Automatic Updates service.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 9, 2008

  3. probably meant 291

    Michael Gossett, Jan 14, 2008
  4. "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message
    > probably meant 291

    Maybe... but I can't assume typographical errors. :)

    To that end WSUS is on the 70-290, 291, and 293, for anybody that's
    concerned.

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 16, 2008