    Thanks in advance.

    greensky

    MCDST/MCP/A+
    Guest, Jan 7, 2006

  2. That depends on your perspective. The 70-271 exam is specifically targeted
    at Windows XP from the perspective of a help desk technician or end user
    support person. Most of the questions and objectives are targeted at
    supporting a person when something doesn't work whether the user is working
    in a domain environment or a workgroup environment. The 70-270 is targeted
    at the Windows XP product, and I think is more technical depth than being
    able to support a user.

    So, if you know XP inside and out and how to configure and operate it at a
    detail level, 270 is it. If you know XP more from using it, and can listen
    to someone's problem and figure out how to fix it, then the 271 is it.

    HTH,

    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.