    academic course book, supporting users and troubleshooting a microsoft
    windows xp operating system, and what free resources i can use that will be
    extremely beneficial.

    Nick Kuschmann, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Nick Kuschmann

    Robyn Guest

    I took my 70 271 3 weeks ago (and passed ... phew!) It was quite heavy on
    the networking side of it - basically thou i felt it was a good balance all
    in all of the chapters. Was surprised how much I got on printers/hardware
    to be honest and permissions kept popping up to - basically read everything
    in the further reading section of exam prep - i found it a killer but it all
    helped and google always a good one to fall back on. I used microsoft press
    readiness cd and transcenders also and i think they really helped although
    they arent free obviously.

    The exam was 61 questions (they chucked a few trial questions in that didnt
    count but they dont let you know which ones).
    Wishing you lots of luck Nick.
    Robyn

    Robyn, Mar 11, 2007

  3. Well I told you what book I had, I dont know if it had anything about further
    reading in it, but I think I have the microsoft press readiness suite cd that
    came with the book. I guess I will keep reading the entire book over again.

    Nick Kuschmann, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Nick Kuschmann

    Robyn Guest

    the further reading is part of the exam prep. at the beginning of each set
    of trial questions at the back of the book, there is a page of online
    information. You do need to plough through the book unfortunately - I dont
    think there is a short cut you could take unless your an absolute whizz.

    Robyn, Mar 12, 2007