    Pincopallino Guest

    Is Microsoft supposed to send any kind of written materials/certificate/etc.
    after passing the 70-271 exam or just after passing both 271 AND 272?
    Pincopallino, Nov 15, 2007

  2. Pincopallino

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    news:fhif00$4am$...
    > Is Microsoft supposed to send any kind of written
    > materials/certificate/etc. after passing the 70-271 exam or just after
    > passing both 271 AND 272?

    If 271 is your first exam, then you will get your MCP welcome pack. They do
    come from Singapore, though, so you need to allow at least 2 weeks.

    Best wishes.

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Nov 16, 2007

  3. Pincopallino

    John R Guest

    > Is Microsoft supposed to send any kind of written
    > materials/certificate/etc. after passing the 70-271 exam or just after
    > passing both 271 AND 272?

    You'll need to actually request your MCP welcome kit. Log on to the mcp
    site at https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp and under program benefits, request
    the welcome kit. You'll need your actual MCP ID to access that site.
    Normally, you should receive an email from Microsoft with that ID, however I
    understand that there may be problems with those emails actually going out.
    I would wait two weeks. If you don't get the email with your MCP ID, then
    call your regional service center, have your test report handy, and they
    will find your MCP ID for you.

    John R
    John R, Nov 16, 2007
  4. Pincopallino

    Wikichugoku Guest

    if you did pass the exams, you should receive the Welcome Kit... but do take
    note of this:

    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx

    Welcome Kits and Certificates

    Updated: November 07, 2007
    Ordering downtime notice

    During the dates of November 29 through December 6, 2007, you will not be
    able to order welcome kits or certificates from this Web site or from your
    Regional Service Center. This downtime is due to a system upgrade that is
    required to reduce shipment times for your MCP materials.

    Be assured that your transcripts will continue to be updated and that you
    will have uninterrupted access to your up-to-date official transcript and
    Microsoft Certification logos. You will also be able to download any
    Certificates of Achievement for which you are eligible.

    You can resume ordering welcome kits and certificates on December 7, 2007.
    We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience as we try to
    improve your overall experience with Microsoft Certification.

    Wikichugoku, Nov 17, 2007
  5. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    "Pincopallino" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Is Microsoft supposed to send any kind of written
    > materials/certificate/etc. after passing the 70-271 exam or just after
    > passing both 271 AND 272?

    Thanks for the answers, guys. Actually it's not my first MS cert. but I've
    never received any welcome pack despite having requested it several weeks
    ago. Anyway I guess that after passing 271 + 272 I'll automatically receive
    the MCDST card or something?
    Pincopallino, Nov 17, 2007
  6. Pincopallino

    Wikichugoku Guest

    normally you should. but if you don't receive your welcome kit, you might
    wanna check out the MCP portal for info.

    otherwise, you might wanna give the cust service a call for more info, they
    should be able to sort it out for you.

    congratulations on being certified! :)

    Wikichugoku, Nov 17, 2007
  7. Pincopallino

    Ronald Guest

    Hi all, my name is Ronald
    Pincopallino, once you pass exam 70-271 you become MCP certified. You must
    take and pass both 70-271 and 70-272 exams to earn MCDST certification status.
    Your certficates should come in the mail.

    I hope this information helps.

    Ronald, Dec 11, 2007