    Frozenbuc Guest

    About how many questions are there on the 70-271 and 272 exams and how long
    do they give you to complete the exams ?
    Frozenbuc, Jul 13, 2009

  2. Frozenbuc

    John R Guest

    "Frozenbuc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > About how many questions are there on the 70-271 and 272 exams and how
    > long
    > do they give you to complete the exams ?

    Although I don't understand what this information does for you, or how it
    helps you prepare, you should expect somewhere between 45 and 65 questions
    on each, and you will be allowed somewhere around 130 to 150 minutes. I
    don't remember exactly what it was when I took them, but it was something
    around there. Be assured however, that you will be given the same amount of
    time that everyone else who has ever taken thoses test was given. As I
    recall, I wasn't even close to using up the entire time.

    John R
    John R, Jul 14, 2009

  3. Frozenbuc

    Frozenbuc Guest

    Thank you John,
    I have been using Quickcert to study for the 70-271 and 272 exams, and the
    test simulators have 65 questions each and some of the questions are
    different each time you do the simulation exams and I have been able to do
    them in about 50 minutes each and score an average of 97%. i was just
    interested in making sure that I am on the right track to pass these tests.

    Frozenbuc, Jul 14, 2009
  4. Frozenbuc

    John R Guest

    "Frozenbuc" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you John,
    > I have been using Quickcert to study for the 70-271 and 272 exams, and the
    > test simulators have 65 questions each and some of the questions are
    > different each time you do the simulation exams and I have been able to do
    > them in about 50 minutes each and score an average of 97%. i was just
    > interested in making sure that I am on the right track to pass these
    > tests.

    I can't comment on Quickcert outside of to say that CertGuard thinks they
    are ok. However, I would not base my preparedness on passing test
    simulators, especially those that repeat questions. Once you see a sample
    question a time or two, you memorize it and artifically inflate your scores.

    I would use the official exam objectives list as published here...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-270#tab2
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-272#tab2

    Make sure you understand all of the listed objectives. If you think you are
    weak in one area or another, setup test labs, etc. I found that even with
    the MSPRESS exam simulator, the actual questions on the test are vastly
    different (as they should be). Experience with the technology is the best
    training tool that I have found.

    Good luck to you.

    John R
    John R, Jul 14, 2009
  5. Frozenbuc

    steve Guest

    90 minutes. 40 questions 700 pass mark. 272 is easy than the 271. 2 tries
    and fails, you are locked out for 14 days. Other than when Microsoft expire
    exams there is no time in which you have to get the 2 to get MCDST. get one
    and you are MCP, when you get the other you get MCDST and so on. mCITP is
    coming soon though and these will not be available for much longer.

    steve, Jul 14, 2009
  6. Frozenbuc

    Frozenbuc Guest

    Thank you Steve. I appreciate your information.

    Frozenbuc, Jul 14, 2009
  7. Frozenbuc

    Omar Guest

    271= 49 questions, 2 hours
    Omar, Jul 19, 2009
  8. Frozenbuc

    PAJ Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:04:02 -0700, Frozenbuc
    <> wrote:

    > About how many questions are there on the 70-271 and 272 exams and how long
    >do they give you to complete the exams ?

    70-271 = 45.5 questions and 6 hours
    20-272 = 12.75 questions and 10 minutes
    PAJ, Jul 19, 2009