70-271/272 How Questions On tests

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by James Stoddard, Aug 16, 2007.

  1. How many questions are there on each test?

    James Stoddard, Aug 16, 2007

  2. catwalker63 wrote:
    > "James Stoddard" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> How many questions are there on each test?
    >>

    > Anywhere from 35-70. Why?

    Seriously, has anyone ever felt after an exam that knowing the number of
    questions ahead of time would have been of any value?

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 16, 2007

  3. this is FIRST MS Cert I have ever done in 30 years in IT and JUSt curious -
    nothing more or less

    Sorry for upsetting the apple cart folks

    James Stoddard, Aug 17, 2007
  4. Looks to me that he is asking a simple question. Makes me afraid to ask any
    questions in here due to the fear that I will be ridiculed for asking a
    stupid question. Seems that some are too condescending. Does it matter how
    many questions there are on each test? Probably not, but doesn't he have
    the right to ask the experienced people in here any question he has
    regarding these tests? Maybe this information is helpful to him. Who are
    we to judge? If you don't want to help people, why be in here? No question
    is a stupid question. Those that do not ask questions are the stupid ones.
    Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make someone else feel
    stupid for asking questions? Regardless of how many certifications, years
    of experience, status in the IT industry, you may have, there is no reason
    to be so condescending.
    Like we've all heard before, If you don't have something nice to say, don't
    say anything at all.

    Sandythegeek2, Aug 17, 2007
  5. James Stoddard

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi James,

    After all of the banter back and forth, the answer is that the number
    varies. I believe I had fifty questions, and I know of others who had a few
    more or less. The point is that you should on any given Microsoft exam
    expect to see between 40 and 65 questions, and this one falls right in
    there.

    If I remember correctly (I sat the exam a year ago) there were 50 on 271 and
    60 on 272.

    Now good luck and go pass them!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

    Montreal MCT, Aug 17, 2007
  6. "Cowboy the f up"?? How professional and mature.
    Do you treat the users like this as well?

    Sandythegeek2, Aug 17, 2007
  7. "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message

    > Hi James,
    >
    > After all of the banter back and forth, the answer is that the number
    > varies. I believe I had fifty questions, and I know of others who had a few
    > more or less. The point is that you should on any given Microsoft exam
    > expect to see between 40 and 65 questions, and this one falls right in
    > there.
    >
    > If I remember correctly (I sat the exam a year ago) there were 50 on 271 and
    > 60 on 272.
    >
    > Now good luck and go pass them!

    > Mitch Garvis, MCT
    > MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    > Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
    > Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
    > "James Stoddard" <> wrote in message
    > > How many questions are there on each test?

    61 on mine.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 17, 2007
  8. James Stoddard wrote:
    > this is FIRST MS Cert I have ever done in 30 years in IT and JUSt curious -
    > nothing more or less
    >
    > Sorry for upsetting the apple cart folks
    >

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> "James Stoddard" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>
    >>> How many questions are there on each test?
    >>>

    >> Anywhere from 35-70. Why?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Catwalker
    >> MCNGP #43
    >> www.mcngp.com
    >> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Our apple cart is doing fine, but we appreciate the concern.

    If you're prepared for the exam, you will find that the time limit is
    more valuable to you than the # of questions. Some questions might only
    be a quick couple sentences but its those questions that scroll down
    that make me cringe.

    What I'm saying (and was saying before) is that you'll find out quickly
    that the # of questions is fairly irrelevant, and as long as you are
    prepared for the exam you'll have ample time.

    Unless you suck at taking tests. That changes things a tad.

    I hope you to report back when you pass.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 17, 2007
  9. James Stoddard

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "Sandythegeek2" <> wrote in message
    > Looks to me that he is asking a simple question. Makes me afraid to ask
    > any questions in here due to the fear that I will be ridiculed for asking
    > a stupid question. Seems that some are too condescending. Does it matter
    > how many questions there are on each test? Probably not, but doesn't he
    > have the right to ask the experienced people in here any question he has
    > regarding these tests? Maybe this information is helpful to him. Who are
    > we to judge? If you don't want to help people, why be in here? No
    > question is a stupid question. Those that do not ask questions are the
    > stupid ones. Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make
    > someone else feel stupid for asking questions? Regardless of how many
    > certifications, years of experience, status in the IT industry, you may
    > have, there is no reason to be so condescending.
    > Like we've all heard before, If you don't have something nice to say,
    > don't say anything at all.

    Sandy;
    In an effort to be nice, and in this case it is a struggle for me, I
    will shed a bit of enlightenment in your direction.

    1.) According to a reliable source at Microsoft, they (Microsoft) consider
    telling someone the number of questions on a test a violation of the NDA.
    There is no room for debate on this, it is their game, their rules and
    despite
    it sounding completely silly we have to play by their rules.

    b.) This question has been asked so many time within this and other
    newsgroups that a simple search would provide a ballpark figure that
    may or may not help the OP.

    gamma.) One thing that is needed by any person who is seriously
    pursuing a career the IT filed be it, tech support, sysadmin, programmer,
    DBM, or even (shudder) a webmaster is the ability to perform
    research for ones self. If you can't be bothered to even try and find
    your own answer why should you expect someone to do it for you?

    ????.) Many of us have answered with the URLs where one can get
    an idea of what is needed but have just finally been worn out by the
    sheer volume that hits this place.

    We have no problem providing assistance to well thought out questions,
    this means you include the research you've done to find it on your own,
    and even better, not so much as asking us for the answer as asking us
    for references where the answer can be found. It isn't that we don't
    want to help you, it is more in that we don't feel the need to hand out
    freebies, we get enough of that kind of crap at work and any other
    social group setting we are in. I can't even visit family without being
    hammered
    with computer questions.

    Maybe it isn't too "professional" but we all need a place to let our
    collective hair down and vent a little especially on those who should
    really know better. Let's face it, we can't kill our clusers and in some
    cases
    we can't even be mildly sarcastic or slightly mean to them or we will
    hurt there poor little cluser feelings and get reported to manglement
    for being nasty. This is our "club room" where we can get out
    our frustrations and even piss, moan, and groan, about the BS we face
    on a regular basis. I will guarantee that this occurs within any
    professional society out there.

    Hopefully this provides you a bit of an insight to what is going
    on and I for one hope that you don't get this cynical and grumpy
    too early in your career.

    Lnkwizard2, Aug 20, 2007
  10. I thought the answer to all of life's important questions was 42.
    Now you're telling me that the answer varies? Douglass Adams must be
    spinning in his grave.

    I sometimes wonder if some people asking "how many questions" are really
    asking "I found a braindump with a certain number of questions, do I have
    them all?"

    If that is what a reader of this newsgroup wants to know, he or she can send
    a copy of their braindump(s), along with their MCP ID number (if they have
    one) to Tom C. Tips at .
    He should be able to tell you how accurate your braindump is, and whether or
    not you have all the questions and correct answers.

    LarryWestMCSD, Aug 21, 2007
  11. "LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message

    > I thought the answer to all of life's important questions was 42.
    > Now you're telling me that the answer varies? Douglass Adams must be
    > spinning in his grave.

    Please remember your towel as well...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 21, 2007
  12. James Stoddard

    JestJohn Guest

    "catwalker63" wrote:

    > "James Stoddard" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    > > this is FIRST MS Cert I have ever done in 30 years in IT and JUSt
    > > curious - nothing more or less
    > >
    > > Sorry for upsetting the apple cart folks

    > You did not but it could have been answered with a simple search of the MS
    > Learning website. It's also one of those questions that gets asked over
    > and over. After a while, it gets boring so we get creative in our answers.
    > It's too much like the user who doesn't look around alittle before asking
    > how to do something. As IT Professionals we should be able to do some
    > basic research.
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    I was looking for the answer to how many questions on the DST tests because
    one of my students asked today, and I couldn't remember that far back
    (remember from another post that the DST is a really _old_ exam!) and
    couldn't find it on the Cert or Exam pages, so I came here assuming somebody
    would've asked and somebody else would've responded (& that somebody else
    would've responded to the first response with a 'correction'...). Sure
    enough I found several answers here. I did NOT find it with either a simple
    search on the Microsoft site or an advanced search on the MS Learning site.
    I'm sure it's somewhere in there, but, Catwalker63, could you please tell me
    where it is in there, and also what search finds it?
    Thanks for your help.

    JestJohn, Aug 27, 2007