    I am a newbie. I am halfway through preparing for 70-270 exam. Will it be a
    complete waste of time? Should I have prepared for Vista 70-620? I want to do
    MCSA first and then go down the road to MCITP. Can anyone please advise?
    Jay, Mar 4, 2009

  2. "Jay" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am a newbie. I am halfway through preparing for 70-270 exam. Will it be a
    > complete waste of time? Should I have prepared for Vista 70-620? I want to
    > do
    > MCSA first and then go down the road to MCITP. Can anyone please advise?

    Hi Jay

    From what I understand from the Microsoft Learning Pages MCITP is all based
    on Windows Server 2008.
    There are a number of MCITP routes you can take but I suspect you are going
    down the route of Enterprise Support, in which case you should be preparing
    for 70-620 and follow that up with the other core exam 70-622, or you are
    going down the route of Consumer Support which again would be the 70-620
    followed by the 70-623.

    70-270 is a core credit exam for the MCSA in either Windows 2000 or 2003.

    Check out the certification website from Microsoft.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.mspx

    Hope this helps

    Roddy
    Roddy Hutcheson, Mar 8, 2009

  3. Jay

    ghzchris Guest

    ghzchris, Mar 10, 2009
  4. Jay

    ghzchris Guest

    That depends on where you work. Right now most companies who haven't already
    migrated to Vista will probably wait for Windows 7. At this point I suspect
    that it will be several years before XP is phased out enought to not consider
    it. I just completed this exam because I believe that it is still very
    relevant and marketable for my career.

    ghzchris, Mar 10, 2009
  5. "Jay" <> wrote in message
    >I am a newbie. I am halfway through preparing for 70-270 exam. Will it be a
    > complete waste of time? Should I have prepared for Vista 70-620? I want to
    > do
    > MCSA first and then go down the road to MCITP. Can anyone please advise?

    I agree with ghzchris, I think Vista might go the same way as Windows 98 and
    most companies wishing to move will wait till Windows 7 ships. I completed
    the Windows 2000 series but havent had the time for 2003 with working. I am
    going down the MCITP enterprise and consumer route to update my skills. but
    I will also study some material for Windows 2003 server purely for
    continuity, I do not intend to take any 2003 exams.
    Roddy Hutcheson, Mar 11, 2009
  6. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks guys.

    Jay, Mar 11, 2009
  7. Jay

    Remy Guest

    I'd like to add to this question if I can. If you take the 70-270, can you
    take the 70-620 and have that be your elective credit for the MCSA?

    Remy, Apr 17, 2009
  8. Jay

    John R Guest

    John R, Apr 17, 2009