    DJ Guest

    I tried taking 70-270 twice, got 650, I got 90% on
    transcender and measureup
    DJ, Jul 6, 2004

  2. DJ

    catwalker63 Guest

    Study some more and take it again!

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker
    IT Professional
    MCP: 70-215
    catwalker63, Jul 6, 2004

  3. DJ

    JaR Guest

    DJ wrote:

    > I tried taking 70-270 twice, got 650, I got 90% on
    > transcender and measureup

    Now try actually *learning* the product and take it again.

    Works for me.

    JaR
    JaR, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Hi DJ,

    Sorry to hear you did not make it twice for 70-270. Actually you need to study the book and get lots of experience with WinXP as it is a feature rich OS. Study the result you got from your practice exams and the real exams. Compare the results to see where you went wrong the most. Obviously getting 650 means you got some grounds covered already. Now you just need to focus on those yet still challenging sections.

    One of the misleading part in preparing for 70-270 is to take it as just an OS, study it just as an OS. If you do it this way, you will probably fail to make it through. You need to think and work the OS within a network environment especially in Server 2000 environment. You need to know quite a bit about how this OS behaves and respond in a network environment.

    Arm with the fundamental OS knowledge and how this OS behaves in network environment, you should be able to make it through. You have to remember that 70-270 is part of MCSA/MCSE track which is network based.

    Just for your info, for those who study WinXP as it is, just as an OS, the exam that they should take is 70-271 which is part of MCDST track.

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jul 7, 2004