70-270: what to read?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by jones_net, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. jones_net

    jones_net Guest

    Hi

    I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP Prox
    70-270 exam.
    The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT Nuggets
    videos and a Transcender test.

    My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the movies,
    then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the Transcender
    practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
    commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?

    Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam, and
    if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
    If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit enough
    then?

    I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!

    /J

    jones_net, Nov 9, 2003

  2. jones_net

    Yoshi Guest

    Get the one from Coriolis (ISBN 1 58880 266 3) and yes, the Resource
    Kit is good reading too.

    I haven't actually done the exam yet, but am confident the above will
    be of great use.

    Yoshi

    Yoshi, Nov 9, 2003

  3. jones_net

    **Bum** Guest

    Go read some braindumps otherwise you won't pass
    for the simple reason that actual Microsoft exams like
    70-270 (I passed) and 70-290 (I didn't pass) aren't interested
    to test your knowledge from the MS Press kit or your hands on
    experience (you won't have unless you've worked intensively
    with the product for some months) but ask you quite a few
    questions about problems that you'll never encounter in real live.
    You have to read the questions very carefully to realize that they don't
    correspond to a topic in the book and you will ask yourself how on earth
    you are supposed to know the answer.
    The solution to your (potential) problem is to learn from other people who
    took the exam already. You know, MS exams have become tougher!
    Or maybe it's just me..........(MSCE NT4 trying to upgrade to 2003).

    Good luck!

    **Bum**

    **Bum**, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Bum,
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

    Don't You Wish, Nov 10, 2003
  5. jones_net

    MCSE World Guest

    Only losers use braindumps.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Nov 10, 2003
  6. jones_net

    Consultant Guest

    you forgot one thing, you are an ass fucker

    Consultant, Nov 10, 2003
  7. jones_net

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > ass