70-270 test results

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Pavol Uhrin, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Pavol Uhrin

    Pavol Uhrin Guest

    Hello people, I took this exam last friday, but failed it
    with score 654, these questions were as described "real-
    life" but for people who haven`t access to biger networks
    or similar experience /as me/, it could be a nit
    problematic. I used a 70-270 Microsoft Training Kit +
    Readiness Rewiew question book for this exam, but I think
    the questions in RR are easy compared with a real exam.
    My problematic areas were Configuring, managing and
    troubleshooting security /only 20% of questions correct/
    and then Monitoring and Optimizing sys perf./30% correct/
    Could you advise me some good web resources to these
    topics.
    I will study the Resource kit for XP, do you think it is
    enough?
    There were some questins about Group policy and securing
    trafic between server and client over a Wi-Fi network,
    firewall ect.

    Thank you all for reply.

    Pavol Uhrin, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Pavol Uhrin

    frob Guest

    I would take a look at either the Sybex book or the MS
    Press book. Also consider investing in something like
    CBT nuggets, or material from testout.com both are good
    sources for learning. The last thing I would consider is
    investing in Virtual PC it is a great source for being
    able to install and learn with out having to invest in
    more hardware. I use it to not only study but to stay up
    with my skills. We also use it testing at work before we
    place it on a computer in the lab for further testing.

    Keep your head up you are on the right route by taking
    the time to learn the material so when you need to apply
    it you will have the skills instead of just knowing the
    answers to a bunch of questions.

    Hope this helps.

    frob, Aug 29, 2004

  3. In all actuallity, the resource kit for Windows XP isn't that bad of a
    read...

    Chris

    Christopher J. Beasley, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Pavol Uhrin

    J Guest

    One of the things I use is is the Virtual Lab Navigator by Sybex, which
    simulates tasks in a Windows shell-like environment, such as installing
    DHCP, configuring NAT, etc. They make them for the MCSA track, MCSE track,
    not sure about the others.

    While perhaps not giving you questions like the cert tests will, at least
    you know how to actually perform the tasks at hand.

    Just my thoughts...

    J, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Pavol Uhrin

    Christ5340 Guest

    I barely passed this test with a 747. I studied Sybex, TestKing, and
    another
    Sybex style book. The TestKing study guides are dead on, some of the
    questions were word for word, I'm not meaning promote TestKing, I'm
    passing along my experience. Before the test started it said there
    would 50 questions
    and I had 1hr and 45 minutes to complete it. It also stated I had to
    have a
    700 to pass. The exam questions were 90% scenario based. Don't even
    think
    your ready just because you can spout off what you memorized from the
    books!
    Each question poses a problem and you must choose the "best" solution,
    even
    though there may be a couple that would be a good solution, but not
    the
    "best".
    Here's how the test questions broke out:

    Permissions, share and NTFS(separate and combined) 20%

    Disks, know the possible disk configurations and everything that goes
    along
    with them, 20%

    Installation, there were a couple of questions for each of the
    unattended,
    sysprep, and RIS options 20%

    Security/Certificates for Internet/Intranet 20%

    The rest of the questions were about Accessability and XP's personal
    web
    server. There were also 3 network diagrams which you had to answer
    questions
    about or solve a problem using the diagram.

    I did not have any Performance and Monitoring related questions.

    Christ5340, Sep 15, 2004
  6. Pavol Uhrin

    catwalker63 Guest

    (Christ5340) prattled ceaslessly in

    > I barely passed this test with a 747. I studied Sybex, TestKing, and
    > another Sybex style book.

    m u l t i p o s t i n g a s s f u c k e r!!

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "If you think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight."

    catwalker63, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Pavol Uhrin

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Sep 15, 2004 at 2:43pm "Christ5340" blathered:

    > I barely passed this test with a 747. I studied Sybex, TestKing, and
    > another
    > Sybex style book. The TestKing study guides are dead on, some of the
    > questions were word for word, I'm not meaning promote TestKing, I'm
    > passing along my experience.

    You cheated and still barely passed? What an idiot. Get a clue.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Sep 17, 2004