70-270 study material

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by rfletcher, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. rfletcher

    rfletcher Guest

    Ok,

    This is a very loaded question I assume, but with the
    great expense of study material (and I've got a lot of
    money invested in all the certs I have this far) which
    author produces the best book in your opinions. This will
    be the first Microsoft exam I've taken. My other exams
    were CCA, A+, Net+, I-Net+, and CIW-Associate. So you see
    I don't have any experience in MS exams.

    The authors (books) to compare are:
    Sybex
    Syngress
    Michael Myers (Passport)

    If you know of something that is not listed, please be
    that kind soul to help a person who is trying to learn the
    material. I wish not to use braindumps.

    Thanks in advance,

    rfletcher, Dec 17, 2003

  2. rfletcher

    Dave Guest

    I would go for Sybex, Syngress, MS Press and Exam Cram2.
    Michael Myers (Passport) is ok for revision but exam cram is better.
    I found some of the sybex book I used for 70-290 badly written and confusing
    otherwise very good. You will need at least 2 manuals per exam and I
    recommend reading all core materials before studying for each individual
    exam. Don't think of each exam as an isolated module, it don't work that way
    with the new exams.

    Dave, Dec 18, 2003