    to do with the tricky malformed questions they ask you at the Exam.

    I guess MS makes a lot ofmoney outta this crap. But after all who's
    surprised ?

    O_o, Oct 2, 2005

  2. O_o

    CyberGuyPR Guest

    Those manuals are useless. Have you tried some books? I used the
    Official MS Press book plus the Sybex one. Passed with 984. Experience
    is also important. What is your background with XP?

    CyberGuyPR, Oct 2, 2005

  3. O_o

    O_o Guest

    I've been using XP for a few years + giving help on it to like 35 people @my
    company working as an IT.
    Its just the tricky questions about CMD commands...pisses me off..

    What kida book tell me more.

    Thx

    O_o, Oct 2, 2005
  4. O_o

    Nocturnal Guest

    If you check out amazon.com and search for 70-270 you'll find an MS Press
    book with rave reviews. It was just published this year, 2005. I think it
    would be a great addition to your arsenal if you bought that and read it
    thoroughly.

    --
    Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com

    Nocturnal, Oct 3, 2005
  5. O_o

    dawnad Guest

    I concur with you on the money making part. I passed 70-270 on my first
    sitting and I remember sweating a little inside the airconditioned test
    center when the first questions seemed to have come from mars :). What helped
    me at the end of the day was not just what i studied but good logical sense
    and that is what microsoft are really trying to test, not your ability to
    memorise.

    dawnad, Oct 9, 2005
  6. Hi o_O,

    While I sympathize with your plight, I ask you to remember that
    certifications are not meant to be easy. When I used to pay for the courses
    my teachers would tell me that it was next to impossible to pass any
    certification course based on one single study source.

    As for the experience and command-line prompts, I will repeat myself:
    Certifications are not meant to be easy. If they were they wouldn't mean
    anything. A certification doesn't mean you know how to navigate Windows and
    find what you are looking for by trial-and-error, it means you know the inner
    workings of the program, including the command prompt.

    I know a lot of 'experts' who can set up a network server and connect a few
    clients to it. When things go wrong they call an expert... someone who has
    the respect for his profession to invest in furthering his qualifications.

    A lot of people will tell you that certifications don't mean anything. That
    is because there are people who have gained certifications through
    memorization, or who do not have the real-world experience that makes the
    certification's true value come out. It is also something that people who
    are not certified will tell you. Trust me: Once you have passed a few exams
    you will appreciate the true value of them!

    Good luck to you!

    --
    MDG, MCSA

    Montreal MCSA, Oct 10, 2005
  7. hi dont be dishared.After reading the book completely go through the "test
    kings " also .They will give u a good idea about the paper

    Ashuar Jameel, Oct 13, 2005
  8. O_o

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, =?Utf-8?B?QXNodWFyIEphbWVlbA==?=
    spewed across the ether:

    > hi dont be dishared.After reading the book completely go through the
    > "test kings " also .They will give u a good idea about the paper

    NFFSHPXRE

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 13, 2005
  9. O_o

    MitchS Guest

    "Ashuar Jameel" <> wrote in message
    > hi dont be dishared.After reading the book completely go through the "test
    > kings " also .They will give u a good idea about the paper

    Once again, TESTKINGS = BRAINDUMPHS, BRAINDUMPHS = CHEATING, CHEATING =
    ASHFUSKERS

    DON'T BE AN ASHFUSKER

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

    MitchS, Oct 13, 2005
  10. O_o

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > NFFSHPXRE

    Betcha a butterscotch shake that was lost in translation. We're oviously
    not dealing with a genius here.

    MitchS, Oct 13, 2005
  11. O_o

    JaR Guest

    PAGING FRISBEE!

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > "Ashuar Jameel" <> wrote in
    > message news:D...
    >> hi dont be dishared.After reading the book completely go through the
    >> "test kings " also .They will give u a good idea about the paper

    > Once again, TESTKINGS = BRAINDUMPHS, BRAINDUMPHS = CHEATING, CHEATING
    > = ASHFUSKERS
    >
    > DON'T BE AN ASHFUSKER

    Do we not have a winner here?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 14, 2005
  12. O_o

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, FrisbeeĀ® spewed across the ether:

    > WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
    >
    > Please join me in welcoming MitchS, MCNGP #48.
    >
    > Mitch, your MCNGP membership package is en route via Federal
    > Depressed.
    >
    > Certificate suitable for wrapping fish, chick-magnet lapel pin,
    > membership card, and sekrit-handshake instructions will be included.
    > Your web site membership shall be elevated to l33t status, at which
    > time you shall have access to the MCNGP super sekrit pr0n stash.
    >
    > Supply me with your membership picture for posting in our members
    > forum forthwith. Also, let me know what your web handle is so that we
    > don't accidently promote Lowdes instead of you.

    WoooHooooo! About time! Welcome, and remember, it's customary for the new
    member to supply the booze and steaks[0] for the initiation bash and bun
    throw.

    [0]Maker's Mark & Porterhouse, respectively.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 14, 2005
  13. O_o

    Neil Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, FrisbeeĀ® spewed across the ether:
    >
    >> WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
    >>
    >> Please join me in welcoming MitchS, MCNGP #48.
    >>
    >> Mitch, your MCNGP membership package is en route via Federal
    >> Depressed.
    >>
    >> Certificate suitable for wrapping fish, chick-magnet lapel pin,
    >> membership card, and sekrit-handshake instructions will be included.
    >> Your web site membership shall be elevated to l33t status, at which
    >> time you shall have access to the MCNGP super sekrit pr0n stash.
    >>
    >> Supply me with your membership picture for posting in our members
    >> forum forthwith. Also, let me know what your web handle is so that
    >> we don't accidently promote Lowdes instead of you.
    >>

    > WoooHooooo! About time! Welcome, and remember, it's customary for the
    > new member to supply the booze and steaks[0] for the initiation bash
    > and bun throw.
    >
    > [0]Maker's Mark & Porterhouse, respectively.

    frick...I was hopin for some of that anti-matter chili

    Mitch: WELCOME TO THE FUNNY FARM!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I'm pink...therefore, I'm SPAM.

    Neil, Oct 14, 2005
  14. O_o

    MitchS Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    Please skip to the bottom if you want the short version.

    LONG VERSION

    Ahem, As I begin, I thank the MCNGP for it's service to our industry.

    I am honored and humbled to stand here, where so many of IT's greats have
    come before me, and so many will follow.

    We have a place, all of us, in a long story--a story we continue, but whose
    end we will not see. It is the story of a new world that became a friend and
    liberator of the old, a story of a slave-holding society that became a
    servant of freedom, the story of a power that went into the world to protect
    but not possess, to defend but not to conquer.

    While our members prosper, others doubt the promise, even the justice, of
    our own organization. The ambitions of some lamers, lusers, and arsefiskers
    are limited by failing schools and hidden prejudice and the circumstances of
    their birth. And sometimes our differences run so deep, it seems we share a
    continent, but not a newsgroup.

    We do not accept this, and we will not allow it. Our unity, our union, is
    the serious work of the leaders and members in every generation, from
    teenager to nearlydead. And this is my solemn pledge: I will work to build a
    single nation of justice and opportunity.

    And we are confident in principles that unite and lead us onward.

    The MCNGP has never been united by blood or birth or soil. We are bound by
    ideals that move us beyond our backgrounds, lift us above our interests and
    peers, and teach us what it means to be certified. Every child must be
    taught these principles. Every citizen must uphold them. And every
    immigrant, by embracing these ideals, makes our group more, not less,
    magnificent.

    Some seem to believe that our politics can afford to be petty because, in a
    time of peace, the stakes of our debates appear small.

    But the stakes for the MCNGP are never small. If our group does not lead the
    cause of certification, it will not be led. If we do not turn the hearts of
    children toward knowledge and character, we will lose their gifts and
    undermine their idealism. If we permit our MCSE to drift and decline, the
    vulnerable will suffer most.

    We must live up to the calling we share. Together, we will reclaim the value
    of our certifications, before ignorance and apathy claim more young lives.

    And we will reduce taxes, to recover the momentum of our economy and reward
    the effort and enterprise of working Americans. (Yeah I can't do that but
    what is a political speech without it.)

    We will build our defenses beyond challenge, lest weakness invite challenge.

    We will confront weapons of mass stupidity, so that a new century is spared
    new horrors.

    The IT community, at its best, is a place where personal responsibility is
    valued and expected.

    Never tiring, never yielding, never finishing, we renew that purpose today,
    to make our country more just and generous, to affirm the dignity of our
    lives and every life.

    God bless you all, and God bless the MCNGP.

    Thank you and good night.

    SHORT VERSION

    Thank you, than you very much.

    And remember "Eat mor chikin" is a fallacy, Eat them cows. And lowdes Eat
    Me!

    GRATUITOUS GIFT SECTION

    With my nomination and ratification I would like to present these heartfelt
    gifts to the group.

    http://tinyurl.com/car5o

    http://tinyurl.com/8qtbk

    http://tinyurl.com/cv6qj

    MitchS, Oct 14, 2005
  15. O_o

    Neil Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    did you hear "MitchS" <m remove this > say in

    > http://tinyurl.com/cv6qj

    THAT'S THE ONE I SENT KAT!!!!!!

    (she's got it)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Features should be discovered, not documented.

    MitchS, Oct 14, 2005
  17. O_o

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > God bless you all, and God bless the MCNGP.
    >
    > Thank you and good night.

    *dabs tear from eye*

    That was beautiful, man.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 14, 2005
  18. O_o

    CBIC Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    > Please join me in welcoming MitchS, MCNGP #48.

    Mitch, welcome to our Hallowed Halls. BTW, the new guy has to wax the
    Hallowed Halls so get crackin'.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Oct 14, 2005
  19. O_o

    Consultant Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    i have to poo

    Consultant, Oct 14, 2005
  20. O_o

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #48

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > GRATUITOUS GIFT SECTION
    >
    > With my nomination and ratification I would like to present these
    > heartfelt gifts to the group.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/car5o
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8qtbk
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/cv6qj

    Neil! Keep yer grub hooks offa the last one!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 14, 2005