    workstations to a domain user right"

    Can anyone clear this up

    Thanks
    Mickey, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Add workstations to the domain user right when applied to domain controllers
    gives the user the right to add up to 10 computers to the domain. The
    correct answer is to use delegation for the user to create computer
    bjects. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Mickey

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    Would help me , where did you get a practice question for
    70-270 exam. As I am preparing for that.

    Thanks,
    Manish

    Guest, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Mickey

    Mickey Guest

    I used the exam cram book which came free prep logic exam
    questions and it was in there,but I seen websites showing
    a question of the day thing and one showed a different
    answer to the book. Best thing is to set yourself up with
    an xp machine and a server running 2003 if possible, if
    you cant get a seperate pc for the server you can use
    software to emulate a server os although not sure how
    that would work when you come to practise applying group
    policies for example

    Hope that helps

    Mickey, Dec 15, 2004
  5. Mickey

    Mickey Guest

    Thanks for your response

    I assume that you are using the delegation of control
    when the number of computers being joined is above 10
    then?

    Mickey, Dec 15, 2004
  6. Mickey

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Mickey" <> say in

    > Hi Folks
    >
    > I have just passed the 70-270 exam with a decent score
    > and I reckon i got about 4-5 questions wrong on the
    > actual exam. I was stuck for a while on one particular
    > question and if I admit i hadnt covered in my test lab I
    > was using to practise before the exam. I have since tried
    > to find out the answer and have found conflicting
    > like - "you need to let a user add 150 workstations to a
    > domain without giving unnecessary privliges"
    >
    > Some people say you "use the delegation of control wizard
    > to grant the user" and others say "give the user the add
    > workstations to a domain user right"
    >
    > Can anyone clear this up
    >
    > Thanks

    I choose none of the above:

    research ADSIedit and msDS-MachineAccountQuota

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q243327

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Yes. By default authenticated users is in the user right for add
    workstations to the domain for Domain Security Policy. It makes sense to
    remove authenticated users and use delegation which simply is a wizard to
    configure security on AD containers. In most cases it is not desirable to
    allow any domain user to join a workstation to the domain in which case they
    may try to join their laptop to the domain to access domain resources that
    are restricted by ipsec require policies. If ipsec client policy is enabled
    at the domain level then their laptop might be able to access those
    resources and if their laptop computer is infected with malware you could
    have a big problem. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Dec 15, 2004