    Max Guest

    I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to complete
    MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..
    Max, Sep 5, 2009

  2. "Max" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to
    >complete
    > MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

    There is no MCSA on Server 2008, so your first step is probably to go to the
    Microsoft Learning site and figure out which certification it really is
    you're looking for.

    However, because it's Saturday morning, and I'm in a good mood, and I'm
    drinking my first cup of coffee (as opposed to waiting for it to brew), I'll
    make an assumption and offer a suggestion.

    My assumption is that the certification you're actually interested in is the
    MCITP: Server Administration. Interestingly for you, this certification
    doesn't require a desktop exam, so your 70-270 is meaningless.

    What it does require is two MCTS Windows Server 2008 exams:

    TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-640&locale=en-us

    TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-642&locale=en-us

    and the MCITP PRO Server Administration exam.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-646&locale=en-us

    I would suggest starting with the 70-642, because without a solid
    understanding of Network Infrastructure, trying to tackle Active Directory
    will be a lost cause.

    Incidentally, something of interest that will make use of your desktop exam
    is the MCSA: Windows Server 2003. This cert will also require three
    additional exams:

    Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-290&locale=en-us

    Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network
    Infrastructure
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-291&locale=en-us

    The bad news here is that the 70-291 has the reputation of being one of the
    most difficult certfication exams in the entire MCP program -- but to be
    honest, the 70-642 isn't any easier.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 5, 2009

  3. Max

    amcreate Guest

    Here is an easier answer - please check out this link to upgrade your MCSA
    to 2008

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx#tab4

    amcreate, Sep 14, 2009
  4. Of course, if you want to get your MCSA on Server 2003, it'd be easier. Just
    take the 290 and 291 and then an elective. That would give you the MCSA:
    2003. Then you could always take the upgrade exam to earn the MCITP for
    Windows Server 2008.

    2008 would require you to start fresh on a new track of MCTS and MCITP
    series.

    Good luck!

    MCSA 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx
    MCITP 2008: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx

    Dustin Harper

    http://www.mstechpages.com

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4431 (20090916) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dustin Harper, Sep 17, 2009
  5. Max

    mcp Guest

    Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN

    Lawrence Garvin - you really are a pompous p***k
    mcp, Sep 19, 2009
  6. Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN

    "mcp" <> wrote in message

    > Lawrence Garvin - you really are a pompous p***k

    WOW!... Is this the same "Vic" who has this eloquent self-description posted
    on the Home Page of http://www.life4living.co.uk?
    Either way, the response was wholly unnecessary and inappropriate. Sheesh..
    you weren't even a party to this conversation!

    Based on the post headers, though, I'd guess that this is an impersonation
    and you are a troll.

    From: "mcp" <>
    Subject: Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN
    Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:42:01 +0100
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa

    ===================================
    My Life4Living website aims to reach out to those of you who need quick,
    powerful and effective ways to change your lives. To this end, you will find
    information about my one2one sessions, personalised audio CD-ROMs, and
    forthcoming workshops at which you will learn the techniques with which to
    free yourself, your family and friends.

    Our beliefs about ourselves and the world either help or hold us back.
    Behind fear, depression, low self-esteem and other unwanted conditions lay
    beliefs based on memories of negative events. As an EFT and NLP Practitioner
    I have experienced time and again the supreme pleasure of witnessing the
    liberating changes that take place in people once these techniques, artfully
    used, dissolves those harmful beliefs

    Using NLP in conjunction with EFT makes for a smoother transition to
    freedom, with what is already an incredibly simple but powerful technique.

    Browse my Web site for more information about Life4Living. If you would like
    to contact me for any reason at all, please e-mail me at
    or click on the ‘Contact’ button.

    Vic Errington - Licensed EFT Practitioner - Licensed NLP Practitioner -
    Counsellor (LOCN)
    ===================================

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 19, 2009
  7. Max

    mcp Guest

    Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN

    Wow, thanks for letting me know that website is still up. I meant to take it
    down years ago.

    I became a party to this conversation when I posted.

    The fact remains, Larry, you need to confront your pomposity. Why do you
    feel the need to condescend and patronise people who are asking for help.

    That was a rhetorical question so please don't answer - it would probably
    take too long to read.

    Have a good life.

    mcp, Sep 22, 2009
  8. Max

    Chris Zeeto Guest

    Re: Wow, thanks for letting me know that website is still up.

    M i s t e r Lawrence you going down with your own sheep, and every one around the world knows except the crew and you. The ignorance and your own stupidity is taking you down. Until now the empty laughed-out heads could flout but now its a change in fashion; scornful-loaded with ignorance and stupidity should sink as yours..isn't IT?
    friend of better people.

    Chris Zeeto, Mar 7, 2011
  9. Max

    Chris Zeeto Guest

    Re: Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, what should be next?

    Chris Zeeto, Mar 7, 2011