  1. Does the 70-270 help with prep for the 271 and 272? I do plan on
    getting my MCSE so the test wouldnt be wasted, or should I just start
    with the 271? Thanks for any help!
    Mathew Lankard, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Mathew  Lankard

    skurek Guest

    Hi,
    I have recently passed 270,271 and 272. They are all a bit different.
    MCDST exams are pointed to test your skills connected to desktop,
    applications options, IE and so on. 70-270 touches GPO, RIS, sysprep,
    users, disk management... They are all aboute the same OS but from
    different perspectives.
    So I think 70-270 would help, but it will not prepare you for MCDST
    exams.
    The best practice is to take all of them, because then you will have
    only two exams to MCSA.

    regards
    Mariusz

    Mathew Lankard napisal: > Does the 70-270 help with prep for the
    skurek, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Mathew  Lankard

    Micah Guest

    "Mathew Lankard" wrote:

    > Does the 70-270 help with prep for the 271 and 272? I do plan on
    > getting my MCSE so the test wouldnt be wasted, or should I just start
    > with the 271? Thanks for any help!

    I agree with Skurek; but the 70-270 is more indepth to the 70-271. The
    70-271 provide a summary of the topics in 70-270. The 272 covers only
    Applicatins and, if I'm not mistaken, some OS features such as language
    support and encryption (Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have yet to look
    at the objectives for 272)

    What I am doing is studying both 270 and 271. I have the MS Press books for
    both. I'll read about installation of XP for 271 then go to the 270 book for
    more details and such. I just hope this method of study does not complicate
    things when I take the exams. I'd like to have some input on this from
    someone that has taken 270, 272.
    Micah, Jul 13, 2005