    much familiarity with Active Directory and remote installations (Sysprep,
    RIS, and Unattended installations -- Setupmgr, etc.).

    Thanks.

    Mark, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Mark

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Mark (nipperspot-at-hotmail-dot-com) graced us with
    in ?<<
    > What is the best way to get prepared for the 70-270 test?

    Honestly, the best way is the way in which you feel most comfortable with your
    study skills.

    > I have the Sybex Certification Study Guide (MCSA/MCSE: Windows XP
    > Professional, ISBN 0-7821-4241-9) and "Windows XP Professional
    > Installation and Configuration Cross-Reference" books and wonder if
    > these two books are good for preparing for the 70-270 exam.

    Although these will work, you'll need more hands-on experience with the
    installation and configuration of the system....that's where the Virtual Server
    and Virtual PC (that I mentioned in your previous post) come in. You can spend
    as much time as you want, installing and configuring the system and when you
    screw it up or you've reached your goal, you can start all over.

    > Is the Microsoft Press 70-270 book better?

    For some people it is, for some it isn't...that all depends on your
    comprehension level.

    > I want to make sure I am fully prepared for the 70-270 test. I do
    > not have much familiarity with Active Directory and remote
    > installations (Sysprep, RIS, and Unattended installations --
    > Setupmgr, etc.).

    If you really want to make sure you're fully prepared, make sure you take
    advantage of the MeasureUp Practice tests that are usually included with the
    MSPress Books. If you didn't get a Practice Test disk, you can go to
    www.MeasureUp.com or www.SelfTestSoftware.com and purchase practice tests
    through the website.

    > Thanks.

    HTH

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD [MCNGP], Sep 22, 2006

  3. Mark

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Mark,

    I agree with BD... There is no substitute for practical experience when it
    comes to exams. However in my experience the best way to prepare for any
    exam is with the Microsoft Press books... I love the Self-Paced Training
    books that come with the Readiness Review Suite software for practice exams.
    I have not yet failed an exam that I used those to study for because the
    Readiness Review lets you know when you are ready to face the real thing.

    Good luck and let us know how you do!

    Montreal MCT, Sep 23, 2006
  4. Mark

    Guest

    Montreal MCT wrote:
    > Hi Mark,
    >
    > I agree with BD... There is no substitute for practical experience when it
    > comes to exams. However in my experience the best way to prepare for any
    > exam is with the Microsoft Press books... I love the Self-Paced Training
    > books that come with the Readiness Review Suite software for practice exams.
    > I have not yet failed an exam that I used those to study for because the
    > Readiness Review lets you know when you are ready to face the real thing.
    >
    > Good luck and let us know how you do!

    > "Mark" <nipperspot-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message
    > > What is the best way to get prepared for the 70-270 test?
    > >
    > > I have the Sybex Certification Study Guide (MCSA/MCSE: Windows XP
    > > Professional, ISBN 0-7821-4241-9) and "Windows XP Professional
    > > Installation and Configuration Cross-Reference" books and wonder if these
    > > two books are good for preparing for the 70-270 exam.
    > >
    > > Is the Microsoft Press 70-270 book better?
    > >
    > > I want to make sure I am fully prepared for the 70-270 test. I do not
    > > have much familiarity with Active Directory and remote installations
    > > (Sysprep, RIS, and Unattended installations -- Setupmgr, etc.).
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    I also agree with BD. Practical experience is necessary. I studied
    the Sybex textbook, CBT nuggets and Testking Q&A. If a moron like me
    can score over 900, anyone can. Trust me. :/

    , Sep 24, 2006
  5. can anyone help me with 070-294 active directory exam. i only scored 475 i
    have the microsoft press books to help me but i need some help on the
    simulation questions which were 5 of them. one question was where there was
    a diagram and the scenaio basically mentions that network topology changed
    and its subnet and i had to update this on the active directory. so i went
    into active directory clicked on the sites and updated the subnet details
    according to its region and applied this settings. is this the right way?

    but there were 4 others i was unable to do. how do i go about setting a gpo
    for certain computers to have the software installations such as sales people
    in the sales department to have the installations on their client computers.
    any examples. also if i had to set the password policies for a department,
    how do i do this. would i set this at a domain level or ou level.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFu?=, Sep 24, 2006