    status, can anyone suggest the next exam to aim at after 70-270 (I would like
    to work from the less difficult to the most difficult in the MCSA 2003 track)

    Regards

    Slave, May 3, 2006

  2. 270 is around 50 questions if I remember correctly. It is also the easiest
    of the exams since it focuses on the client side. There are number of posts
    asking very similar questions to yours on this group as well as the
    certification general group, so it would probably be worth your time to hunt
    those down and read them.

    After 270 go for 290 and then 291. These are both server exams and tend to
    trip people up. 291 in particular seems to have a pretty high fail rate.
    The material on those two exams is very similar so doing them back to back
    makes sense.

    I would have to check the site, but I am pretty sure that the last exam you
    will need is 293 in order to be an MCSE.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    John Strohecker, May 3, 2006

  3. Slave

    Slave Guest

    John,

    thankyou, you are a scholar and a gentleman

    Slave, May 3, 2006
  4. Just noticed a typo in my first post. Completing 270, 290, 291, and 293 will
    _not_ make you an MCSE...it will make you an MCSA.

    Sorry.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    John Strohecker, May 3, 2006
  5. Slave

    Julia B Guest

    I took it on March 6. There were 58 questions. I'm now studying for 70-290.
    I think it's the logical next step. Then 70-291. Then your elective.

    I'm taking the 2274 class that goes with the 70-290 exam this week. It's
    great. It doesn't cover every objective because there's another class you
    can take that gives you the rest of it. The stuff that it does cover goes a
    lot more indepth than any of my study guides. The whole day today was spent
    on Implementing Group Policy and Managing the User Environment Using Group
    Policy. The instructor I have is great so that also helps. I wish I could
    go to more of the classes. It's a $2,000 class though and my employer paid
    for this one. I think they only budget about $2,000 per year for training
    for each of the IT people.

    Good luck on your exam.

    Julia B, May 5, 2006