    of questions at the exam.

    Thanks
    Sam
    Sam, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Sam

    Eric Guest

    Sam wrote:

    > I'd like to know more on the 229 exam. What areas do the
    > questions mostly cover and are there questions related to
    > the statements in Oracle, mySQL etc. What sould I focus on.

    It's only about SQL Server. Less than 50 questions. You get around 2
    hours to take the test.

    It's mostly about database design and optimization of queries and
    indexes. Some questions are on basic SQL, but not many.

    I don't know of a single good book to prepare for this test. I used a
    study guide by Marc Isreal, but it wasn't especially good.

    Get yourself some good practice tests from Transcender or MeasureUp.

    Eric
    Eric, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Sam

    Vidya Vrat Guest

    Try to buy some other good and specifically certification
    focused books. one very good book could be PHI 229.

    Exam would be around 3 hrs and nearly 50 questions.

    Containing nearly 10 long database schema related
    questions.

    Good Luck

    So

    Vidya Vrat, Jul 31, 2004