70-228

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Ross Houlton, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Ross Houlton

    Ross Houlton Guest

    I am looking at starting my next MCP, I was hoping to do 70-228 as it would
    help with my work but I can't find any news on whether the SQL 2005 edition
    of the certification is going to be released any time soon. And having read
    some of the reviews on the current book I'm not to sure I want to go ahead
    until they release the new 70-228 training kit.

    Does anyone have any news on this?
     
    Ross Houlton, Mar 27, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. You would have a better time having this answered in the MCDBA group,
    but....

    70-228 has been an will always be for SLQ 2000. The New versions of SQL have
    their own exam numbers as well as completely new certifications. So if you
    want to do 228 go ahead and buy the training kit you had planned to
    purchase.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..
    "Ross Houlton" <Ross > wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I am looking at starting my next MCP, I was hoping to do 70-228 as it would
    > help with my work but I can't find any news on whether the SQL 2005
    > edition
    > of the certification is going to be released any time soon. And having
    > read
    > some of the reviews on the current book I'm not to sure I want to go ahead
    > until they release the new 70-228 training kit.
    >
    > Does anyone have any news on this?
     
    The Rev [MCT], Mar 27, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ross Houlton

    Ross Houlton Guest

    My problem is that, my company works with SQL Server 2005, and we're going to
    be rolling that out to our clients as time goes on. We do still have clients
    on SQL Server 2000 but they are going to be phased out.

    The SQL Server 2005 exams are not part of the MCSA/MCSE criteria, but SQL
    Server 2000 is?

    Is it going to be changed to SQL Server 2005 in the near future or should I
    just crack no with SQL Server 2000?

    "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

    > You would have a better time having this answered in the MCDBA group,
    > but....
    >
    > 70-228 has been an will always be for SLQ 2000. The New versions of SQL have
    > their own exam numbers as well as completely new certifications. So if you
    > want to do 228 go ahead and buy the training kit you had planned to
    > purchase.
    >
    > --
    > ..rev.mct.mcngp.44
    >
    > It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    > accepting it.
    > ~Aristotle
    > ..
    > "Ross Houlton" <Ross > wrote in message
    > news:D...
    > >I am looking at starting my next MCP, I was hoping to do 70-228 as it would
    > > help with my work but I can't find any news on whether the SQL 2005
    > > edition
    > > of the certification is going to be released any time soon. And having
    > > read
    > > some of the reviews on the current book I'm not to sure I want to go ahead
    > > until they release the new 70-228 training kit.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any news on this?

    >
    >
    >
     
    Ross Houlton, Mar 28, 2006
    #3
  4. Well you could finish up the MCDBA for SQL 2000 then take the upgrade exams
    and prereqs to get your MCTS: SQL 2005 and your MCITP: DBA for SQL 2005.
    Then you'd have both...

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..
    "Ross Houlton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My problem is that, my company works with SQL Server 2005, and we're going
    > to
    > be rolling that out to our clients as time goes on. We do still have
    > clients
    > on SQL Server 2000 but they are going to be phased out.
    >
    > The SQL Server 2005 exams are not part of the MCSA/MCSE criteria, but SQL
    > Server 2000 is?
    >
    > Is it going to be changed to SQL Server 2005 in the near future or should
    > I
    > just crack no with SQL Server 2000?
    >
    > "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
    >
    >> You would have a better time having this answered in the MCDBA group,
    >> but....
    >>
    >> 70-228 has been an will always be for SLQ 2000. The New versions of SQL
    >> have
    >> their own exam numbers as well as completely new certifications. So if
    >> you
    >> want to do 228 go ahead and buy the training kit you had planned to
    >> purchase.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ..rev.mct.mcngp.44
    >>
    >> It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
    >> without
    >> accepting it.
    >> ~Aristotle
    >> ..
    >> "Ross Houlton" <Ross > wrote in message
    >> news:D...
    >> >I am looking at starting my next MCP, I was hoping to do 70-228 as it
    >> >would
    >> > help with my work but I can't find any news on whether the SQL 2005
    >> > edition
    >> > of the certification is going to be released any time soon. And having
    >> > read
    >> > some of the reviews on the current book I'm not to sure I want to go
    >> > ahead
    >> > until they release the new 70-228 training kit.
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone have any news on this?

    >>
    >>
    >>
     
    The Rev [MCT], Mar 28, 2006
    #4
  5. Ross Houlton

    PeterB Guest

    Hi,
    wondering the same thing... Starting to think about the elective in MCSA. I
    have taken a SQL 2000 Admin course earlier. I would like to cert myself on
    SQL 2005 as a MCSA elective but cant find it as an elective for MCSA...
    Anyone knows when it's going to be or if theres already a exam available???

    "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

    > Well you could finish up the MCDBA for SQL 2000 then take the upgrade exams
    > and prereqs to get your MCTS: SQL 2005 and your MCITP: DBA for SQL 2005.
    > Then you'd have both...
    >
     
    PeterB, Apr 8, 2006
    #5
  6. Ross Houlton

    PeterB Guest

    Forget my question... I now see in the cert-planner that 431 is a MCSA
    elective...

    "PeterB" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > wondering the same thing... Starting to think about the elective in MCSA. I
    > have taken a SQL 2000 Admin course earlier. I would like to cert myself on
    > SQL 2005 as a MCSA elective but cant find it as an elective for MCSA...
    > Anyone knows when it's going to be or if theres already a exam available???
    >
     
    PeterB, Apr 9, 2006
    #6
  7. Ross Houlton

    Ross Houlton Guest

    Yeah I think they've put it up after I created this post because it's set as
    an elective now but the course materials are not available until May, but
    thanks for ur responses.

    "PeterB" wrote:

    > Forget my question... I now see in the cert-planner that 431 is a MCSA
    > elective...
    >
    > "PeterB" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > wondering the same thing... Starting to think about the elective in MCSA. I
    > > have taken a SQL 2000 Admin course earlier. I would like to cert myself on
    > > SQL 2005 as a MCSA elective but cant find it as an elective for MCSA...
    > > Anyone knows when it's going to be or if theres already a exam available???
    > >

    >
     
    Ross Houlton, Apr 9, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Narayaana

    préparation 70-228 70-229

    Narayaana, Sep 28, 2003, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    468
    Narayaana
    Sep 28, 2003
  2. G. Guntle

    70-228 cert - how quickly setup imap ?

    G. Guntle, Nov 1, 2005, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    562
    Ole Kristian BangÄs
    Nov 1, 2005
  3. Chello

    need help for 70-228

    Chello, Dec 16, 2005, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    18
    Views:
    1,640
    Bigus Dickus
    Mar 8, 2006
  4. news.microsoft.com

    70-228 in Spanish?

    news.microsoft.com, Jan 12, 2006, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    683
    Thierry DEMAN [MVP]
    Jan 14, 2006
  5. A.N.Other
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    1,524
    billyw
    Aug 11, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page