    a better chance of passing. still, if someone has taked this recently,
    please post your throughts, opinions, experience.

    RY, MCSA

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 9, 2003

  2. I dont want to violate my nda but I can say:

    Not an easy elective
    I had 62 questions and the exam was really rushed

    There were plenty of scenario based questions (over a qurater) and
    near on one in 5 were "pick the least incorrect" or "choose the least
    crazy"

    The inclusion of some real-world type networking questions was a
    breath of fresh air.

    if you read the questions and then take your time and read the
    question again and re-read after choosing your item you stand a good
    chance of not getting tripped up by some very cleverly written
    questions intended to distract you from what is really being asked.

    Good luck, I found it a tough one but scored over 800 - so you never
    can tell.

    Marlin Munrow (the PFY), Nov 9, 2003

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Thanks for your post Marlin.

    Well I took & passed. Talk about "pick the lest crazy answer!!!" Jeez, who
    the writes those q's? man alive!!! I think I answered the wierdest routing
    scenario question I have ever seen in my life on the 70-227!

    On a positive note, I got a score & breakdown at the end. It's nice to see
    that again.

    For those taking:
    - # of q's = 62 (not 55!)
    - time = ~2 hrs
    - pass mark = 700
    - there are not shotcuts in life. know what's posted on the MS site to
    pass. link below..
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-227.asp

    good luck

    RY, MCSA

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Rowdy Yates

    somarr99 Guest

    I am preparing for this exam. What study materials did you use? What
    do you recommend? I have the MS Press book and will be doing stuff
    hands on. I am not sure if the MS Press book will be enough. All
    thoughts are welcome. I feel to learn the product, I may need
    additional materials for preparation.

    TIA

    somarr99, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    well, it's all on ISA. so you definately HAVE to install ISA on a test box
    and play around with it to know where and how to setup & config it.

    i took a course at a training center and re-read and studied the MOC. then
    i installed ISA on a test box and screwed around with it for 2 weeks or
    so. used ms support web site.

    also check out & use the www.isa.org site. i think thats the name of the
    site. it's all devoted to ISA. great how to's & support section. do a seach
    for it on google.

    on a personal note. i am studying for comptia security+ exam. just cause i
    want a non-vendor specific cert that is for life. you can use that insetad
    of 227 as elective. personally i think the sec+ is more useful of a study
    topic/exam and more beneficial to career. the ISA is fun and real good if
    you know you will be using the product in workplace.

    good luck.

    (somarr99) wrote in

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Rowdy Yates