    that may have taken one or the other.
    Thanks in advance
    TM

    TM, Sep 4, 2003

  2. TM

    Lady Guest

    I agree. When I add security to my MCSA & MCSE, I plan on taking the
    Security+ path for those same reasons.

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > TM,
    > I am currently on the MCSA security MCSE security. I decided to go ahead

    and
    > use my Comptia Network + and A+ to get the MCSA under my belt. I am

    planning
    > to upgrade it after I finish my MCSE. There has been some discussion here
    > that having all MCSE test is better. I am currently thinking that the
    > Security + is better for me. I say this for three reasons
    >
    > 1) I have looked at an additional Non MS certification that list this as a
    > prerequisite
    > 2) It is a vendor neutral test i.e. it shows that you understand aspects

    of

    Lady, Sep 4, 2003

  3. TM

    TM Guest

    All good thoughts on the suject. The vender neutral aspect
    is probably better when viewed by people in the know. I
    have A+ and Network + already and have noticed when
    talking to recruiter types, instead of technical people,
    the Microsoft name seems to carry more weight. Most
    haven't heard of Comptia, and you have to explain what it
    is, and what it's all about. I need a little break from
    testing, but when I start back up I probably will go the
    Security + route.
    Thanks for the input
    TM

    TM, Sep 4, 2003
  4. TM

    Rick Guest

    Royal,

    As I said in my previous post I have attended the Official Microsoft class
    for ISA, the exam should not be that difficult based on the course content.
    If you can pass the 70-216 exam the ISA exam should not be a major hurdle to
    cross. This is just my humble O so take it for what it is worth.

    PS
    I should add that I have hands on experience all the way back to proxy 1.0
    as we have been using it at work since its release.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 4, 2003