  1. Mike Proctor

    Mike Proctor Guest

    Anyone taken this one recently? Is it still the same old secnerios?

    Mike Proctor, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Yes and no in that order

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Mike Proctor

    Rico Kabir Guest

    So, could you give some suggestions on hown to deal with these type of
    questions effectively? Did you pass? Is it possible to read the questions
    first, read the case study and then return to the questions to answer them?
    Although switching between questions and case study is allowed, I think it
    is easier to read the questions first so you can concentrate on the answers
    during case syudy reading. What's your suggestion?

    Rico Kabir, Oct 11, 2003
  4. You can read and answer, then read the case scenario and revise your
    answers but you'd be a sandwich short of a pick-nick if you did that.

    Coping mechanisms:

    Read the case study looking for design cues make as many notes as you
    can fit onto your write on wipe off.

    Read through the questions and answer.

    print this link
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-221.asp

    then make sure you know the topic materials

    Re-read your NT4 stuff so you're srtong on each of the infrastructure
    services

    WINS, DNS and DHCP

    then re read the 2000 stuff on the same

    Having a good understanding of IP addressing really will help (see
    study objectives http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-221.asp)

    Dont be surprised to be faced with obsolete technologies such as token
    ring and SNA (yes Microsoft believe that you can design network
    infrastructures that use these!).

    You could do worse than re-reading your NT4 Networking Essentials book
    and noting the maximum lengths of 10 base t and 100 base t not to
    mention knowing what a bridge, router , brouter, hub etc is

    Finally

    Read the questions out loud where ever you see "Not" or "No" emphasise
    that as you read. Make sure you answer the question they are asking
    not the one you think you're reading

    and

    Look through your notes and see your design cues then use these to
    isolate all the wrong answers you can limiting your choices and
    improving your chances.

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Mike Proctor

    Rico Kabir Guest

    Very useful and impressive suggestions. Thanks very much.

    Rico Kabir, Oct 13, 2003
  6. You're welcome

    I forgot to say last time, good luck

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:25:24 +1000, "Rico Kabir"
    <> wrote:

    >Very useful and impressive suggestions. Thanks very much.
    >"Marlin Munrow" <> wrote in message
    >> You can read and answer, then read the case scenario and revise your
    >> answers but you'd be a sandwich short of a pick-nick if you did that.
    >>
    >> Coping mechanisms:

    <<SNIP>>

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 15, 2003