    MI area? I have not been too successful at finding any.

    Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Rich

    Sgt Galaxy Guest

    VMware

    hard to study for.
    >I have a WIN2K server and WIN-XP desktop at home.

    However, much of the
    >stuff is geared toward multi-server network environments

    so I can't do any
    >"hands-on" practice. I am leaning towards purchasing a

    new server and new
    >desktop so I can practice DNS, VPN and other things.
    >
    >Has anyone come up with any good ideas on getting

    the "hands-on" study other
    >than purchasing new computers? Does anyone know of any

    SIGs in the Detroit,

    Sgt Galaxy, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Rich

    ajs1976 Guest

    VMware or dual boot your XP box with XP and Server.

    ajs1976, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Rich

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    If you find your computer having insufficient memory to run vmware, add more
    RAM to it. Typically you need a minimum like 512MB to emulate 2 machines
    with bare minimum memory configured to these 2 emulate machines. I have 1GB
    Ram and able to emulate like 6-7 bare memory VMWare machines.

    Guan Foo Wah, Nov 29, 2003