    I did not think I would take all the time(4hr) but I did.

    I am glad I had my lucky shirt on. That was probably what
    saved me.

    Myrt Webb, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Myrt Webb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Myrt Webb" <> wrote in
    news:31f701c48eff$cb1b1190$:

    > I just passed 70-220, designing security for a win 2000
    > nework, but it was close, too close.
    >
    > In my prep I found the best ref was the MS 70-220 kit.
    > The Syngress text, which is usually pretty good, was
    > absolutely worthless.
    >
    > Usually Transcender is a very good prep for the kinds of
    > questions you will get. But in the case of 70-220 it fell
    > short.
    >
    > I did not think I would take all the time(4hr) but I did.
    >
    > I am glad I had my lucky shirt on. That was probably what
    > saved me.

    well done. congrats. i have not taked that one. too chicken.

    also a useful post on the group. (for a change!)

    :)

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Re: 70-220 whew !!

    "Myrt Webb" wrote in message

    > I just passed 70-220, designing security for a win 2000
    > nework, but it was close, too close.
    >
    > In my prep I found the best ref was the MS 70-220 kit.
    > The Syngress text, which is usually pretty good, was
    > absolutely worthless.
    >
    > Usually Transcender is a very good prep for the kinds of
    > questions you will get. But in the case of 70-220 it fell
    > short.
    >
    > I did not think I would take all the time(4hr) but I did.
    >
    > I am glad I had my lucky shirt on. That was probably what
    > saved me.

    Thanks for the "heads up" on this one. I'm taking it in probably 2 wks.
    I'm using Sybex, Exam Cram and the MS(boring) Kit . I started with the cram
    book to get an overview, I'll do MS next then sybex then cram again. I've
    passed all of them so far 70-216 being the closest. Have 2 left for mcse2k
    then 2 more for 2k3.

    I'd like to take the opportunity to encourage Individuals reading this who
    are interested in becoming Certified Professionals not to look for the easy
    way ie cheat sheets/braindumps/testking. U will benefit in the long run when
    u UNDERSTAND how the OS and utilities and services and protocols work. U
    will also feel much better about yourself and feel happier when u pass an
    exam. Buy/borrow/download even steal the books buy vmware and set up a
    little network. A PIII 800 can give u 3 machines, 2 virtuals and the host.
    that should be enough.

    To u cheaters: Companies are now evaluating prior to employing so u gonna
    get FUK.
    big-up IPsec. big-up all posters.

    madeinJamaica, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Myrt Webb

    Consultant Guest

    the only question for the ms security test should be:

    in order to secure your ms product perform the following
    a. install a 3rd party ids solution
    b. install a 3rd party anti-virus package
    c. patch patch patch harden harden harden
    d. nothing, ms products are secure out of the box

    Consultant, Aug 31, 2004
  5. >in order to secure your ms product perform the following
    >a. install a 3rd party ids solution
    >b. install a 3rd party anti-virus package
    >c. patch patch patch harden harden harden
    >d. nothing, ms products are secure out of the box

    e. don't allow anyone with an IQ of less than 60 go near the product.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 31, 2004
  6. Myrt Webb

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Myrt Webb" <>
    spewed in news:31f701c48eff$cb1b1190$:

    > I am glad I had my lucky shirt on. That was probably what
    > saved me.

    don't wash it. Mine's been stinky since 96...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 31, 2004
  7. Myrt Webb

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > babbling on and on again "Myrt Webb"
    > <> spewed in
    >
    >> I am glad I had my lucky shirt on. That was probably what
    >> saved me.

    > don't wash it. Mine's been stinky since 96...

    i use lucky underpants. unwashed sinse the 80's.!!!! yee!! haaa!!

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 31, 2004
  8. Myrt Webb

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates <> spewed
    in news:Xns9556A2D3A26ECrowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:

    > i use lucky underpants. unwashed sinse the 80's.!!!! yee!! haaa!!

    sounds crusty...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 31, 2004
  9. Myrt Webb

    Ben Guest

    > e. don't allow anyone with an IQ of less than 60 go near the product.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    You just described 90% of our warehouse staff!

    Ben, Sep 1, 2004
  10. Myrt Webb

    Dragon Guest

    That's much better than lots other companies who have 90% of their IT staff
    in this range...

    Dragon, Sep 1, 2004