70-219 and what good is the MCSE ?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by chris, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    just took it and failed, but came very close to passing !
    I found myself daydreaming halfway through the case studies, there was SO
    much information.

    so far I've only designed the AD network (single domain) that I use at home
    which consists of 2 servers and 2 workstations.
    I am using the MS Press book.

    any advice on approaching the case study questions ?

    I've been trying to motivate myself to get this exam done and then one
    elective to achieve my MCSE.
    But lately I feel like "is it worth it ?" Doesn't seem like there's much
    opportunities even with the cert.
    (I do have almost four years of experience.)

    Also, just reading about all these folks who braindump the exams makes it
    seem like this cert is becoming a joke !

    thanks
    chris
    chris, Jul 10, 2003

  2. It is...

    Rhenier Labuschagne, Jul 10, 2003

  3. chris

    Japes Guest

    I read the questions then the scenario, it gave me more focus and a better
    chance to remove the dross. I have spoken to several friends who have taken
    the design exams and we all agree this is a good choice as if you read the
    scenario then the questions you often have a preconceived idea of what the
    answer will be and sometimes that answer just isn't there.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Japes

    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

    Japes, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Employee won't look at your certs. Some HR agencies will, but not the actual
    employee. He will just get you to one of the real admins, and if you certs
    are paper, you're out. That much.
    MCSE certs are way too easy to get now, and MS seems to not care about it.
    Looks like they just like to sell exam licenses to testing centers.

    Dmitry Korolyov, Jul 17, 2003