    Paul, How was the 70-218 test? I am beginning to read the
    book for it and working on my sever at home to learn.
    Anything I should focus on etc.?

    Dan D, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Dan D

    MrKill Guest

    I thought it was an Ok test as long as you know your
    stuff. Its not easy, but if you know your stuff (DNS,
    RRAS, DHCP etc...) you will do good. Its a long exam,
    took me close to 2 hours to complete and pass.

    Good luck!

    MrKill, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Dan D

    mchappell Guest

    70-218 was the hardest exam I have taken to date (I have
    70-216 next and I am not looking forward to it). 218 is
    full of longwinded questions and answers. It took me 2
    hours to complete and pass. I felt mentally exhausted
    when I was finally done. But like MrKill stated, if you
    know your stuff (Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, etc) you
    will do fine.

    mchappell, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Amen to that! This exam did have very longwinded
    questions. I took it Saturday and passed. Took me about
    1.5 hrs. Mine was probably half GPOs and a quarter DNS
    and RAS and the rest was just a smattering of various
    other things (IIS, printing, slipstreaming service packs).

    Good luck on the 216. I understand it is a nightmare, but
    don't know how it really compares to the 218. Of course,
    one persons nightmare could be anothers dream. :)

    Paul Maingault, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Dan D

    Dave Guest

    Hello,
    I passed 70-216 just 3 days ago and 70-218 1 month ago.
    To me, 218 was a piece of cake compared to 216.
    Especially after taking and passing 210 and 215, you are
    kind of fresh on most of the concepts that 218 covers. I
    too would agree with MrKill. Just use as many resources
    as you can get your hands on to study for 216.

    Dave, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Dan D

    Mike Guest

    that I used to study from was the Sybex and it was not
    written very well, especially in the subneting area. I
    would recommend that you bypass that chapter and either
    find a good CCNA book to learn subnetting or go online and
    do a search on subneting, there are a lot of good web
    sites in this area such as:
    http://www.ralphb.net/IPSubnet/index.html

    Good luck

    Mike