    W2K3!)

    Cheers
    Dan

    Dan, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Dan

    BB Guest

    Thought you had to have a desktop operating system exam to be MCSA? Anyway
    218 has lots of DNS, RRAS, Troubleshooting and GPO.

    BB, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Dan

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On 30 Jun 2004 "Dan" blathered:

    > Hello all,
    > Has anyone sat the 70-218 exam lately? I'm about halfway through the
    > MS Press self-study guide and I know (from previous experience) the
    > exam prep section doesn't have similar questions to the real thing.
    > Don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for brain dumps or cheats (you're
    > only cheating yourself and your career prospects!) just some advice on
    > it's main focus' (if any) and difficulty level. I already have A+, N+,
    > 215 & 216 - just need this one to complete MCSA. (Then it's on to
    > W2K3!)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Dan

    I sat it about two months ago. It was by far the easiest M$ exam I've taken
    I scored a 949 and I didn't even study (knock on wood) for it.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Blathered, huh? Nice one. Well, sorry bout that, must've been the 57
    espressos I drank that day. Yeah BB, you're right - it was 210 & 215
    not 216....
    Dan

    Dan, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Dan

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On 02 Jul 2004 "Dan" blathered:

    > Blathered, huh? Nice one. Well, sorry bout that, must've been the 57
    > espressos I drank that day. Yeah BB, you're right - it was 210 & 215
    > not 216....
    > Dan

    Don't be offended, I set it up in Xnews as the default for all replies. It's
    called sarcasm.

    --
    TechGeekPro - MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Dan

    Dan Guest

    No offence taken TGP, have since seen your other posts, just haven't
    heard the word in a lonnnnng time! Anyways, cheers for the advice. Did
    you like the way I posted that message three times? Cool huh? It's
    this new software I've got....

    Dan, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Dan

    Jeff Guest

    I just took and passed 70-218 this morning (score of 700
    required to pass, I managed to score 987). My prep
    consisted of about 4 hours of Transcender practice exams,
    including thorough reading of the explanations regarding
    the correct answers.

    There were quite a few questions regarding combination of
    share permissions with NTFS settings, connectivity
    troubleshooting (RRAS, basic network connectivity,
    routing tables, etc.), some "bonehead" group policy
    questions that almost made me laugh the wrong answers
    were so ridiculous, and a fair number of terminal
    services questions. One piece of advice that works best
    for me is to quickly scan the "gobs" of background
    information until you get to the actual question. Then go
    back and look for relevant info in the preliminary
    information. Much of the prelim stuff is virtually
    irrelevant to the actual question - stuff like "there are
    20 Win2K servers, 2000 W2K Professional
    workstations...yada,yada,yada...then the question has to
    do with a misconfigured default gateway on a client
    machine.

    Overall, I'd rank the difficulty in the same neighborhood
    with 70-215 with more of an emphasis on network services
    (DNS, DHCP, etc.)

    Good Luck!

    Jeff, Jul 13, 2004