    If so are they basic or complex?

    Does anyone have any examples?

    Sean
    Sean, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Sean

    yes Guest

    You should write the chart on your hand before the test,
    if u cant memorize it.

    yes, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Sean

    JaR Guest

    "yes" <> wrote in message
    > You should write the chart on your hand before the test,
    > if u cant memorize it.

    Great suggestion asshat!that will guarantee being failed for cheating. They
    do check for that kind of stuff at the testing center, you know.

    Save yourself some grief, be a professional learn to subnet. For chrissakes,
    it's not that hard! I I could learn it anybody can.
    http://www.learntosubnet.com/ was a great help although I haven't checked it
    out lately.

    To the OP...there are only a few subnetting Q's and they mainly had to do
    with routing. At least on my test. YMMV.

    JaR
    MCSA MCNGP #22
    "There are only 10 kinds of people...
    Those who know binary, and those who don't"
    JaR, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Sean

    Kit Guest

    Hi

    I took the Test recently and yes not one subnetting
    question.

    lots of active directory intergrated DNS though.

    Kit

    Kit, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Sean

    Guest Guest

    Hey, great site. I've always been afraid of subnetting.
    It was actually a reason why I wasn't going to go for
    MCSE since the 216 test was supposed to be heavy on
    subnetting.
    But for the original question. I took the 218 a couple
    weeks back. They do not ask you to do any subnetting.
    They may have a question where they will include some
    subnetting in the question, but you can ignore it since
    it wasn't needed to answer the question.

    Something strange that I encountered when first starting
    out on the MCSA track was the study material that I had
    for the 210 test had some subnet stuff in it. And now
    that I think about it 215 study material had subnet stuff
    also. Nothing was on the test for subnetting, just the
    study material.

    Guest, Jan 24, 2004
  6. I took the test recently and there were questions realated to subnet's but
    not subnetting. Definitely a lot of AD Integreated DNS Zone stuff.

    --
    Samantha Hyatt
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to

    Samantha Hyatt, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Sean

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Samantha Hyatt" <> wrote in message
    > I took the test recently and there were questions realated to subnet's but
    > not subnetting. Definitely a lot of AD Integreated DNS Zone stuff.

    As you imply...
    Sometimes "subnetting questions" are disguised as routing or IP
    troubleshooting problems. Especially if there are references to
    subnet masks or the default gateway.

    Many beginners are under the mis-impression that "subnetting" is something
    you do once and then forget about.

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Feb 18, 2004